Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wrapper script in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wrapper script in perl Post 302300191 by richsark on Monday 23rd of March 2009 12:38:07 PM
Old 03-23-2009
wrapper script in perl

Hi,

I am in need of way to facilitate this senerio in a perl script.

I have CLI ( command line interface) which I run like so:

kip-tepltist -u Xxx -p Xxx

Which produces tones of names from each template it found:

194Iselin-NJ
33-IDFLB-North-611-Woodward-8600
34-IDFMBS-611-Woodward-860004-Vo
CAF-10.41.22
ukgla.ops.sun4us.bk
ukgla.ops.sun4us.prd

Basically the cli above is grabbing template information and spitting out the names of each and every template

Now that I have this list from above, I then need to run another CLI that gets the information of whats inside of each template from above. The CLI is use for this is:

./qip-getteinfo -U xx -P xx -n 194Iselin-NJ -t -o orig

The flags are:
U & P are user name and passwd
the -n is the name of the template I want to get its information
-t specifey what type of template
-o org id

So when I run this cli agianst 194Iselin-NJ the output looks like so:

template-name=194Iselin-NJ
template-type=DHCP Option Template
001=Same as in Subnet Profile
003=Same as in Subnet Profile
006=User Defined
006>User Defined=169.30.33.16 169.30.34.16
012=Same as in Object Profile
015=Same as in Subnet Profile
043=uktrq-uut-son4v-bk
051=Limited
051>Limited Lease Time=43200
066=169.30.34.62
186=169.30.34.62
187=[1f51]

What I need is a way to automate this.

I need a perl script that will run the first step, keep the names it finds some where on a text file perhaps,

Then run the next step, to reference the file names from step 1 and create a seperate file with the contents of all the names from step 1

So,

Run first part of the perl script
get the names of all the templates,

Second part of the perl script would reference the files from the first section and make a list .txt

so, the first one would be:
194Iselin-NJ

grab the contents and produce a file name 194Iselin-NJ.txt that would contain the template information of:

template-name=194Iselin-NJ
template-type=DHCP Option Template
001=Same as in Subnet Profile
003=Same as in Subnet Profile
006=User Defined
006>User Defined=169.30.33.16 169.30.34.16
012=Same as in Object Profile
015=Same as in Subnet Profile
043=uktsq-ops-sun4v-bk
051=Limited
051>Limited Lease Time=43200
066=169.30.34.62
186=169.30.34.62
187=[1f51]

Then loop and go to the next and so, on... until all the names and templates are created.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrapper script and how to write

hi guys, I have a requirement to run a script 4 times with different parameter values. the 4 jobs have to run parallely which actually access different data of same table and deletes. how can i achieve this.................? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a wrapper script

I tried searching the forum ,,but couldn't locate ..Can anyone give me a link or some information about wrapper script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a wrapper script not working

Hello, I have the below wrapper script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' ) { $subnet = 'c:\path\to\subnet.txt'; } else { $subnet = '/opt/qip/wrapper-del-sub'; } open FH1, 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' or die "Can't open 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count script wrapper help

I have this a code that I got help with for another task. I since tried to modify it to work on this task. I need someones expertise to modify it slightly and I am not sure where to start or yet fully understand the logic. I am trying to get a script to read my m-names.txt which has lots... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script Help With Perl Scripts

I have tried looking through wrapper scripts throughout the forum, but I don't think they were able to answer my question (either that or I'm just confused). Basically, I have a Perl script that I want to run in parallel 4 times with parameters, wait for all of them to finish, then run another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass parameter to the main script from wrapper script

Hi, I am writing a wrapper script(wrap_script.sh) to one of the main scripts (main_script.sh) The main script is executed as following: ./main_script.sh <LIST> <STARTDATE> <ENDDATE> looks for a parameter which is a LIST(consists of different list names that need to be processed), START/END... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the my wrapper script

Hi friends, i am working in ksh88. i am running the follwing wapper script in background to run two jobs parallely((eg nohup wrapper.ksh &):: wrapper.ksh ######################## #!/bin/ksh nohup ./pii_insert.ksh /nsing83/p2/test & nohup ./pii_update.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on wrapper script

Hi Gurus, I need to build a wrapper script which will be passing the loading date and the data file name (provides option to the user to load a single data file or load all the data files) to the actual loader data_load.ksh to load in the database. 1. I want to execute the loader script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
6 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)