Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing OpenSolaris on Sun v120 Post 302299988 by stringzz on Sunday 22nd of March 2009 07:58:52 PM
Old 03-22-2009
You are correct, my bad, I will download the sparc version and see if that solves my problem.

Thanks!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Weird behavior on a Sun Fire V120 running solaris 10.

All, After a power loss I went to power on our sun fire v120 that is running solaris 10 and now it will not boot. I tried power cycling it from the lom and pulling the cord but nothing works. All it does is after a power cycle it will start to boot and then start to spit out a bunch of hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help - Accessing Sun Fire V120 A/LOM

Hi All, My company has three V120 servers and two V245 servers. Currently we access ALOM on v245 thru NET MGT port. There are no NET MGT on V120. We use to access A/LOM on the V120s thru Windows Hyper Terminal connected to the Serial A port of v120. Since all of our Windows boxed are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: glieu
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire v120 memory compatibility

Hi, I recently acquired an old Sun Fire v120 from work. I plan to play around with this at home whilst I'm studying for my SCSA exams. Only problem is it currently has no memory installed. I believe the memory modules required are 168 pin PC133 DIMMs. Unfortunately, the original Sun modules are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinyana
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Error while installing zone in opensolaris

while installing zone this error is coming zoneadm -z test install ERROR: Error: no zonepath dataset. Steps done to create one sample zone zonecfg -z test create set zonepath=/zones/test set autoboot=true verify commit exit zoneadm -z test install ERROR: Error: no zonepath dataset.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Clone Production Server (Sun v120)

It's a DHCP server. We want to make a clone for fail over purpose since there are some identical systems available here. We do have a secondary DHCP server. Hardware: Sun v120. OS: Solaris 9. Two disks without array, /var and /opt on the secondary disk. How can I clone the system via network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)