Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Capturing Particular Data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing Particular Data Post 302299880 by ldapswandog on Saturday 21st of March 2009 11:43:38 PM
Old 03-22-2009
Start the substitute at [DS1]
Code:
sed -n -e '/^==*Date: 2009-03-18/,/^==*/s/\[DS1\].* Prompt: / /p' inputFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing process id

I am newbie to unix shells world. I am trying to capture a background process id into a file so that it can be killed later. this process is basically a java program running in background as: java TestApp & this returning process id immediately. So how can i redirect that pid into a file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvreddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing some data from a file into a variable

I have a file with some values in a tab delimted format Eg: 'test' contains: a<tab>b<tab>c<tab>Trk_12345678 now i need to capture this value 'Trk_12345678' into a variable say 'x' and append that value of 12345678 to 12345679 and store is back to a new 'test1' file as : 'test1'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Unix Traceroute data

Hi guys, I need a way to capture the host on the next-to-last hop in a traceroute output. The last output is the destination but I need to capture the router just before the last hop. I can do this in perl but I'm not so sure about Shell... I'm on AIX 5.3 using ksh any ideas? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TivoliGUY
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Data between first quote and next quote

I have input file like RDBMS FALIURE UTY8703 'USER_WORK.TEST' .HIghest return code '12' I want to parse data which comed between first quote till next quote USER_WORK.TEST can you please suggest how to do that (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing data between patterns

Hii, Friends, I want your help in one of my problem. My problem is as follows. I have a flat file as follows (Just a sample) MHT011 01(DOT)8750707asdfas8609 03(DOT)ASD3453ASD 09(DOT)876JHT87 11(DOT)sfd324ert TTT077 01(MOB)876786klj897 06(MOB)876JHT87 07(MOB)sfd324ert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to capturing packet data so i can see the Version, IHL, TOS, etc?

Helo Folks :) i had read an answer in this thread unixcom/programming/117551-calculate-ip-header-checksum-manually.html i need to know what the software name that was used to capturing packet data in a network, just like the packet's capture output that showed up in the thread. Thank you :)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polutan
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

capturing data of nethogs

I have installed nethogs to see which process is sending load on the network. i would like to know how can i capture its data in a log file. Or is there is a unix command like script or tee which can help me to capture the data using cronjob (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshus1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing selective data from a vcd file

Hi, This is a vcd file.A vcd file may have 'n' modules. 1) I need to capture the data in bold,i.e. the module names (shown in bold) 2) Also i need to capture the data inside each individual module,say for tst_bench_top ,i need to capture data from line 4 to line 20 ... I just want one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerabahu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : not capturing all the data from excel sheet

Hi folks, I am working on assignment that captures all the records(2 columns one column contains names and other contain date of birth) from excel sheet stored in a directory and checks for current date and month. If it matches current date and month then the matched records are printed as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies
Date::Calc::PP(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Date::Calc::PP(3)

NAME
Date::Calc::PP - pure-Perl plug-in for Date::Calc SYNOPSIS
You never use this module directly. Use Date::Calc(3) instead! DESCRIPTION
You never use this module directly. Use Date::Calc(3) instead! SEE ALSO
Date::Calc(3), Date::Calc::XS(3). VERSION
This man page documents "Date::Calc::PP" version 6.3. AUTHOR
Steffen Beyer mailto:STBEY@cpan.org http://www.engelschall.com/u/sb/download/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 - 2009 by Steffen Beyer. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This package is free software; you can use, modify and redistribute it under the same terms as Perl itself, i.e., at your option, under the terms either of the "Artistic License" or the "GNU General Public License". The C library at the core of the module "Date::Calc::XS" can, at your discretion, also be used, modified and redistributed under the terms of the "GNU Library General Public License". Please refer to the files "Artistic.txt", "GNU_GPL.txt" and "GNU_LGPL.txt" in the "license" subdirectory of this distribution for any details! DISCLAIMER
This package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the "GNU General Public License" for more details. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-31 Date::Calc::PP(3)