Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help Post 302299695 by nicktrix on Friday 20th of March 2009 10:19:29 PM
Old 03-20-2009
I am planning RAID 1 for OS and RAID 5 for remaining 5 hard disks....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

regd raid 0 configuration

Hey Alll Thanks for the help u give me yesterday,i need a help again from u all guys i have RS 6000 server with AIX 4.3.3 OS and with external storage (multipack) with 12 Hard disk drive which will be connected to RS 6000 scsi controller ,i dont have any raid card. now i have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
0 Replies

2. SCO

driver needed for hp smartarry p200i sas raid controller

recently we have purchased hp proliant ml350 g5 server and configured raid 5 with hp smartarray p200i sas controller.but i could not found any sas raid controller hp smartarry p200i driver for sco unix 5.0.7 :(.i searched on hp support site,but no use.any one can help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
3 Replies

3. Solaris

istall sas raid HBA internal card

I need to install a raid HBA internal card on a T5240. The reason is I have more drives and the current mother board controller does not support more than 4 drives. My question is I have raidctl set up on current drives. If I install new HBA card do I have to delete current raidctl and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 with an internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid card

Hi all i would like to ask some suggests about my next job! I have to install a new Sun Netra T5220, with an additional internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid. The problem come in if every disk is now controlled by the HBA, how can I install the OS? No disk is being detected by the OS. SAS card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
2 Replies

5. Solaris

installing solaris with StorageTek SAS RAID Internal HBA

i was given a task which needs to perform a raid 1 on the boot disk, and 4 other disks on raid 10. Is there any other alternative in installing solaris 10 other than through network installation?will be using solaris update 6. while reading through the user guide i got pretty confuse. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monstar1407
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Software RAID configuration

We have configured software based RAID5 with LVM on our RHEL5 servers. Please let us know if its good to configure software RAID on live environment servers. What can be the disadvantages of software RAID against hardware RAID (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitchnelson
4 Replies

7. AIX

Internal PCI X RAID Controller issue ?

Hello folks, Could someone tell me why I unable to create pdisks for a RAID Array # lscfg | grep scsi + sisscsia0 U787A.001.DPM0707-P1 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter + scsi0 U787A.001.DPM0707-P1-T10 PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot configure RAID on T5240

Hi ! I've been given a T5240 with 4 disks and 2 HBA cards (but no array connected). I did a factory reset on SP and NVRAM clean on OBP because the server had been used before. I boot cdrom in single mode and try to create a hw mirror with disks from c1... but only c2 is seen by raidctl. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delavega
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

10. AIX

Replaced pdisk not showing up in SAS Disk Array Configuration

OSLevel: 5300-10-02-0943 System Model: IBM,8203-E4A Power 6 == Hi! I replaced a failed pdisk in the raid enclosure as follows, - rmdev -l 'pdisk18' '-d' - Replaced it. - cfgmgr (detected) - I can see the new drive, with the correct serial # lscfg -v -l pdisk18 pdisk18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estrar
2 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI MegaRAID SAS driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device mfi Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mfi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver is for LSI's next generation PCI Express SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID arrays (logical disks) from this driver is pro- vided via /dev/mfid? device nodes. A simple management interface is also provided on a per-controller basis via the /dev/mfi? device node. The mfi name is derived from the phrase "MegaRAID Firmware Interface", which is substantially different than the old "MegaRAID" interface and thus requires a new driver. Older SCSI and SATA MegaRAID cards are supported by amr(4) and will not work with this driver. Two sysctls are provided to tune the mfi driver's behavior when a request is made to remove a mounted volume. By default the driver will disallow any requests to remove a mounted volume. If the sysctl dev.mfi.%d.delete_busy_volumes is set to 1, then the driver will allow mounted volumes to be removed. A tunable is provided to adjust the mfi driver's behaviour when attaching to a card. By default the driver will attach to all known cards with high probe priority. If the tunable hw.mfi.mrsas_enable is set to 1, then the driver will reduce its probe priority to allow mrsas to attach to the card instead of mfi. HARDWARE
The mfi driver supports the following hardware: o LSI MegaRAID SAS 1078 o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8408E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8480E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240 o LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260 o Dell PERC5 o Dell PERC6 o IBM ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID M1115 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID M5110 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID-MR10i o Intel RAID Controller SRCSAS18E o Intel RAID Controller SROMBSAS18E FILES
/dev/mfid? array/logical disk interface /dev/mfi? management interface DIAGNOSTICS
mfid%d: Unable to delete busy device An attempt was made to remove a mounted volume. SEE ALSO
amr(4), pci(4), mfiutil(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.1. AUTHORS
The mfi driver and this manual page were written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The driver does not support big-endian architectures at this time. BSD
July 15, 2013 BSD