Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debug two process Using GDB
Top Forums Programming Debug two process Using GDB Post 302299228 by mr_deb on Thursday 19th of March 2009 02:02:37 PM
Old 03-19-2009
Actually I am sing putty.And from there I am debugging .I can debug with two instance but I have to create two putty session then.Is there no other way to attach two process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gdb to child process

Hi, I want to debug a child process which is forked from other process. Whenever I try to attach the pid of child process to gbd, the process gets killed and the parent process starts a new child process. any idea what could be the reason. In general how can i debug a child process... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

2. Programming

gdb: how to debug an executable file with a few command line papameters

If an executalbe file has several parameters, gdb can not pass parameters correctly. Let us see: run: ./executablefile1 agr1 arg2 arg3 debug: gdb executablefile1 run executalbefile1 arg1 arg2 arg3 then argv : executablefile1 argv : executablefile argv : arg1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
3 Replies

3. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb:

Hi, This is a simple question on GDB. Given a core file, how can you check which process has dumped the core? Regards - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a question about debug using gdb(/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory)

Hi all, (gdb) target remote 192.168.185.196:1389 Remote debugging using 192.168.185.196:1389 warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function. GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers and track explicitly loaded dynamic code. 0x2fbd0800 in ?? () (gdb) l 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

6. Programming

Debugging a running process in GDB

Hi , Any gdb user could see my problem. Let me describe what i want to do. i have a test utility to send message to running process. My interest is to go through to functions calls when my test case starts. In a simple way i want have a code walk for a particular scenario of a test... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet123321
1 Replies

7. Programming

gdb help

i have created some break points in gdb. let's say.... b sqlcxt how can i know the breakpoint name of sqlcxt ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

8. Programming

Can't debug: assert error with gdb (no problem without)

I'm sorry if the title is really criptic, but I don't know how to phrase my problem. I know I can't really ask for a solution, and I normally wouldn't but this is really escaping my abilities. Antefacts. I developed a program using the zeromq messaging library. I got to a point where the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to stop debug in the mid of process?

Hi Gurus, I am debugging a script. it loops filelist. since the list a very long. when debugging, I only can see the last a few lines. is there any way to stop debuger in the mid of process. the command I used for debugging is: ksh -x scriptName Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

10. Programming

Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application.

Some background: The application normally runs on an embedded platform. Currently, for development purposes, I have the rootfs located @ /exports and the target is communicating over NFS. That way I can make a change on my local system, save the application @ /exports, and run the altered... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies
dtach(1)						      General Commands Manual							  dtach(1)

NAME
dtach - simple program that emulates the detach feature of screen. SYNOPSIS
dtach -a <socket> <options> dtach -A <socket> <options> <command...> dtach -c <socket> <options> <command...> dtach -n <socket> <options> <command...> DESCRIPTION
dtach is a program that emulates the detach feature of screen. It is designed to be transparent and un-intrusive; it avoids interpreting the input and output between attached terminals and the program under its control. Consequently, it works best with full-screen applica- tions such as emacs. dtach is intended for users who want the detach feature of screen without the other overhead of screen. It is tiny, does not use many libraries, and stays out of the way as much as possible. SESSIONS A session in dtach is a single instance in which a program is running under the control of dtach. The program is disassociated from the original terminal, and is thus protected from your original terminal being disconnected for some reason. Other instances of dtach can attach themselves to a particular session. Input and output is copied between the program running in the dtach session, and the attached terminals. dtach avoids interpreting the communication stream between the program and the attached terminals; it instead relies on the ability of the attached terminals to manage the screen. Sessions are represented by Unix-domain sockets in the filesystem. No other permission checking other than the filesystem access checks is performed. dtach creates a master process that monitors the session socket, the program, and any attached terminals. MODES dtach has several modes of operation. It can create a new session in which a program is executed, or it can attach to an existing session. The first argument specifies which mode dtach should operate in. -a Attach to an existing session. dtach attaches itself to the session specified by <socket>. After the attach is completed, the win- dow size of the current terminal is sent to the master process, and a redraw is also requested. -A Attach to an existing session, or create a new one. dtach first tries to attach to the session specified by <socket> if possible. If the attempt to open the socket fails, dtach tries to create a new session before attaching to it. -c Creates a new session. A new session is created in which the specified program is executed. dtach then tries to attach itself to the newly created session. -n Creates a new session, without attaching to it. A new session is created in which the specified program is executed. dtach does not try to attach to the newly created session, however, and exits instead. OPTIONS dtach has a few options that allow you to modify its behavior. Each attaching process can have separate settings for these options, which allows for some flexibility. -e <char> Sets the detach character to <char>. When the detach character is pressed, dtach detaches itself from the current session and exits. The process running in the session is unaffected by the detach. By default, the detach character is set to ^ (Ctrl-). -E Disables the detach character. dtach does not try to scan input from the terminal for a detach character. The only way to detach from the session is then by sending the attaching process an appropriate signal. -r <method> Sets the redraw method to <method>. The valid methods are none, ctrl_l, or winch. none disables redrawing completely, ctrl_l sends a Ctrl L character to the program if the terminal is in character-at-a-time and no- echo mode, and winch forces a WINCH signal to be sent to the program. When creating a new session, the specified method is used as the default redraw method for the session. If not specified, the ctrl_l method is used. -z Disables processing of the suspend key. Normally, dtach will suspend itself when the suspend key is pressed. With this option, the suspend character is sent to the session instead of being handled by dtach. EXAMPLES
The following example creates a new session that has the detach character and suspend processing disabled. A socket is created in the /tmp directory for the session. $ dtach -c /tmp/foozle -Ez bash The following example attaches to the /tmp/foozle session if it exists, and if not, creates a new session using /tmp/foozle as the socket for the session. Processing of the suspend character is also disabled for the attach instance. $ dtach -A /tmp/foozle -z bash The following example attaches to the /tmp/foozle session, using the winch redraw method to redraw the screen. $ dtach -a /tmp/foozle -r winch The following example creates a new session and sets the default redraw method for the session to the winch redraw method. $ dtach -c /tmp/foozle -r winch bash AUTHOR
Ned T. Crigler <crigler@users.sourceforge.net>. SEE ALSO
screen(1) dtach 0.8 Jan 2008 dtach(1)