Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Random Numbers - Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Random Numbers - Perl Post 302298967 by repinementer on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 11:56:01 PM
Old 03-19-2009
Random Numbers - Perl

Hi Guys I have a script to find Ranomd numbers. But I want to make the file to produce more random. Could u guys help me plz.
In this Script I have the code that generates random in for loop and the range I have specified in my %chromlength
input and out put will be like this
chrno start end
chr1 1234 9980

[/PHP]

Last edited by repinementer; 03-22-2009 at 04:10 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random numbers without repetition

Is anyone know some scripts to generate random number without repetition using bash; for example generate 10 different random numbers. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asal_email
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

genrating pseudo random numbers

I want to generate the file in following format -------------------------------------- mov t1, %r1 mov t2, %g1 mov t3, %o1 . . . . m times add %r1, %g1, %o1 add %r2, %g2, %o2 . . . n times ------------------------------------------- (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hack_tom
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random numbers from 0 to 1000

Hello All, I want to make a simple script which generate random number from 0 to 1000. and simply display it. Plz HELP!!!!!! Regards, Waqas Ahmed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random NUmbers Generation with out repetation

Hi I have the below code MAXCOUNT=10 count=1 echo echo "$MAXCOUNT random numbers:" echo "-----------------" while # Generate 10 ($MAXCOUNT) random integers. do number=$ + 1 ] "echo $number" let "count += 1" # Increment count. done But aftre executing this ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitka
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random numbers

Hi, I am having trouble with generating random numbers. can this be done with awk? So I have a file that looks like this: 23 30 24 40 26 34 So column1 is start and column2 is end. I want to generate 3 random #'s between start and stop: So the output will look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
9 Replies

6. Programming

generate array of random numbers

hi guys, I am writing a c program that generates a two dimensional array to make matrix and a vector of random numbers and perform multiplication. I can't figure out whats wrong with my code. It generates a matrix of random numbers but all the numbers in the vector array is same and so is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A way to store 2 random numbers from a for loop?

I have a for loop that cycles twice and generates 1 random number for each pass through. I would like to be able to store the two numbers to use later for arithmetics. Is there a way to do that? Right now I can only seem to use the last random number for anything. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxlVanDamme
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique random numbers awk

Hi, I have a small piece of awk code (see below) that generates random numbers. gawk -F"," 'BEGIN { srand(); for (i = 1; i <= 30; i++) printf("%s AM329_%04d\n",$0,int(36 * rand())+1) }' OFS=, AM329_hole_names.csv The code works fine and generates alphanumeric numbers like AM329_0001,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Random numbers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Write a shell script that will take the sum of two random number? Ex: Random n1 +Random n2 = result i tries to write it but i had some dufficulties ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
3 Replies
Statistics::Test::RandomWalk(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Statistics::Test::RandomWalk(3pm)

NAME
Statistics::Test::RandomWalk - Random Walk test for random numbers SYNOPSIS
use Statistics::Test::RandomWalk; my $tester = Statistics::Test::RandomWalk->new(); $tester->set_data( [map {rand()} 1..1000000] ); my $no_bins = 10; my ($quant, $got, $expected) = $tester->test($no_bins); print $tester->data_to_report($quant, $got, $expected); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a Random Walk test of a random number generator as outlined in Blobel et al (Refer to the SEE ALSO section). Basically, it tests that the numbers "[0,1]" generated by a random number generator are distributed evenly. It divides "[0,1]" into "n" evenly sized bins and calculates the number of expected and actual random numbers in the bin. (In fact, this counts the cumulated numbers, but that works the same.) METHODS
new Creates a new random number tester. set_rescale_factor The default range of the random numbers [0, 1) can be rescaled by a constant factor. This method is the setter for that factor. rescale_factor Returns the current rescaling factor. set_data Sets the random numbers to operate on. First argument must be either an array reference to an array of random numbers or a code reference. If the first argument is a code reference, the second argument must be an integer "n". The code reference is called "n"-times and its return values are used as random numbers. The code reference semantics are particularly useful if you do not want to store all random numbers in memory at the same time. You can write a subroutine that, for example, generates and returns batches of 100 random numbers so no more than 101 of these numbers will be in memory at the same time. Note that if you return 100 numbers at once and pass in "n=50", you will have a sequence of 5000 random numbers. test Runs the Random Walk test on the data that was previously set using "set_data". First argument must be the number of bins. Returns three array references. First is an array of quantiles. If the number of bins was ten, this (and all other returned arrays) will hold ten items. Second are the determined numbers of random numbers below the quantiles. Third are the expected counts. data_to_report From the data returned by the "test()" method, this method creates a textual report and returns it as a string. Do not forget to pass in the data that was returned by "test()" or use the "test_report()" method directly if you do not use the data otherwise. SUBROUTINES
n_over_k Computes "n" over "k". Uses Perl's big number support and returns a Math::BigFloat object. This sub is memoized. SEE ALSO
Math::BigFloat, Memoize, Params::Util Random number generators: Math::Random::MT, Math::Random, Math::Random::OO, Math::TrulyRandom, "/dev/random" where available Statistics::Test::Sequence The algorithm was taken from: (German) Blobel, V., and Lohrmann, E. Statistische und numerische Methoden der Datenanalyse. Stuttgart, Leipzig: Teubner, 1998 AUTHOR
Steffen Mueller, <smueller@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2007-2010 by Steffen Mueller This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-01 Statistics::Test::RandomWalk(3pm)