Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Iptables for NFS Servers, random ports? Post 302298363 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 10:42:42 AM
Old 03-17-2009
It is possible. The key is to lock down the port numbers for mountd, lockd and statd.

Lots of information available on the Internet. Do a web search for "NFS iptables"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS and NIS reserved ports

Does anyone know how to assign rpc ports to NFS or NIS processes on Solaris please ? Thanks, Michael Chnader (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchnaider
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script to test open ports on mult servers

Hello All, Can somebody help me with this script. I have an output file with a list of servers ips and ports. I need to be able to run this script to list all the server ips in the outfile and find out if the port is open or not. #!/bin/sh IFS=#;for i in $(cat portTest); do # check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

3. Web Development

NFS file sharing among web servers

I'm exploring the possibility of load balancing 2 web servers and have both access an NFS share on an NFS server. I'm wondering which types of data would need to reside on the webservers and the NFS server. Would the entire web directory (HTML, CSS, images, documents) all reside in the NFS server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaspol
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problem with NFS mount and network configuration between AIX and Windows 2003 servers

I ‘m beginner on unix I want to move an unix aix post 5.2 on distant site for use catia V4 with a foundation of data accommodated by a serveur windows 2003 and an environment accommodated on the serveur aix. The computer was linked up by IP (122.0.0.8) with waiter 2003 (via NFS) and the waiter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: astiaous
8 Replies

5. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check numerous ports / servers (Solaris native)

Hi I'd like to check that a bunch of firewall rules have been applied and, therefore, want to write a script that basically does the following: telnet serverA port1 telnet serverA port2 telnet serverB port1 telnet serverB port2 I would just compile the list in excel and run it as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibberish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem about NFS to change the share folder at several servers.

All, I re-wrote our scripts to speed-up the compiling time, original time is about 1hrs. now dispatch the sub task to different servers through SSH. Now my question is that: If dispatch these tasks into the current server, there is no errors during compiling process. If dispatch these tasks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fduan001
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Change NFS default ports

Hello friends, please advice me how to change nfs lockd_tcpport,lockd_udpport,mountd_port,rquotad_port.statd_port,statd_outgoing_port default ports in to different ports. is it in /etc/default/nfs ? thanks!:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darakas
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

RHEL 7.1 autofs permissions do not match NFS servers

RHEL 7.1 client using autofs to mount a NIS map of home directories being exported by a Solaris 10x86 nfs server. The owner and group are correct on the NFS server, but on the RHEL client, the owner and group end up being nobody nobody. The USERS and GROUPS are NIS maps as well. They are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount -- show remote NFS mounts on host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-Ae36] [-a | -d] [host] DESCRIPTION
showmount shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted on the host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094, Appendix A, and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I, for a detailed description of the protocol. -A Search for NFS servers advertised via Bonjour. -a List all mount points in the form: host:dirpath -d List directory paths of mount points instead of hosts. -e Show the host's exports list. -3 Use mount protocol Version 3, compatible with NFS Version 3. -6 Use only IPv6 addresses to contact servers. SEE ALSO
mount(1), mountd(8), nfsd(8), mDNSResponder(8) BUGS
The mount daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only display the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. HISTORY
The showmount utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution September 26, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution