Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris realtime monitoring to Sunstorage 3310 Post 302297653 by ahmad_wa on Saturday 14th of March 2009 07:58:17 AM
Old 03-14-2009
Thank you dear Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare realtime

I have two log files which keeps appending every sec...I want to extract a certain field from each file(using awk for extracting the data) and compare them in real time... ex: log1 122 234 567 log2 234 567 log3 122 i need a log3 which keeps appending the data found in log1 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Add new disk to Sun StorEdge 3310 RAID

HI guys. Bit of a noob so bear with me. I have 2 new disks I want to add to my StorEdge 3310 but am getting lost in the steps. We have another 3310 (JBOD) that I was able to plug the disks into and they instantly showed up. Did a few minor commands after (drvconfig, devfsadm etc..) and I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files realtime

I have a primary server where certain files are created real time. These files have varying file sizes. I want to FTP or copy them over to a different server server as soon a file gets created. I have to ensure that only full file is copied. The receiving end process expects a FULL file. I am ok... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Realtime monitoring of files in a directory

Hello Experts, Here are my requirements. I want to monitor a directory and retrieve file properties like file names along with file sizes of files being generated today and that exceeds a threshold limit (say 10MB) using a shell script. Basically this shell script should monitor (kinda... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RamanM
1 Replies
XPT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    XPT(4)

NAME
xpt -- CAM transport layer interface SYNOPSIS
None. DESCRIPTION
The xpt driver provides a way for userland applications to issue certain CAM CCBs to the kernel. Since the xpt driver allows direct access to the CAM subsystem, system administrators should exercise caution when granting access to this driver. If used improperly, this driver can allow userland applications to crash a machine or cause data loss. KERNEL CONFIGURATION
There is no kernel configuration required for the xpt driver. It is enabled when SCSI support is enabled in the kernel. There is one instance of the xpt driver per CAM transport layer instance. Since there is currently only one CAM transport layer, there will only be one instance of this driver. IOCTLS
CAMIOCOMMAND This ioctl takes certain kinds of CAM CCBs and passes them through to the CAM transport layer for action. Only the following CCB types are supported: XPT_SCAN_BUS XPT_RESET_BUS XPT_SCAN_LUN XPT_ENG_INQ XPT_ENG_EXEC XPT_DEBUG XPT_DEV_MATCH XPT_PATH_INQ The above CCBs are the only ones supported since it makes more sense to send them through a generic passthrough device rather than a passthrough device tied to a particular underlying SCSI device. CAMGETPASSTHRU This ioctl takes an XPT_GDEVLIST CCB, and returns the passthrough device corresponding to the device in question. FILES
/dev/xpt0 Character device node for the xpt driver. DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
cam(3), cam_cdbparse(3), pass(4), camcontrol(8) HISTORY
The CAM transport layer driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
Kenneth Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org> BSD
October 10, 1998 BSD