Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vi to remove lines in file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vi to remove lines in file Post 302297288 by uniesh on Friday 13th of March 2009 03:40:32 AM
Old 03-13-2009
vi

go to editor mode of vi and type
Code:
:g/outdated/d

this wil delete all lines with the worh outdated.

You can also use
Code:
:1,10/outdated/d

to delete lines from 1 to 10 with the word outdated.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-07-2015 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: Remove confusing single quotes and add CODE tags to remove confusion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove lines from file

file: 1 xxxxxxx 2 xxx xxx 5 xxx xxx ... 180 xxxxxx 200 xxx how to remove any lines with the first number range 1-180 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove the lines in my file

Hi, There seems to some hack attempts in my site. I have attached the index page of my site and I need to remove the below lines from the index page. The below lines are at the center of the file. --> </style> <script>E V A L( unescape(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove lines from file

Hi gurus, i'm trying to remove a number of lines from a large file using the following command: sed '1,5000d' oldfile > newfile Somehow the lines in the old file are not deleted... Am I doing this wrongly? Any suggestions? :confused: Thanks! :) wee (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove : lines from file

A small question I have a test.txt file I have contents as: a:google b:yahoo : c:facebook : d:hotmail How do I remove the line with : my output should be a:google b:yahoo c:facebook d:hotmail (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from file

Hey Gang- I have a list of servers. I want to exclude servers that begin with and end with certain characters. Is there an easy command to do this? Example wvm1234dev wvm1234pro uvm1122dev uvm1122bku uvm1344dev I want to exclude any lines that start with "wvm" OR "uvm" AND end... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiotboy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last 4 lines of a file

Hi, I have a file from which I need to remove the last n lines. I was successful in removing only the last line using : sed '$d' file_name Could you please help me with the command. Thanks, H2 Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to remove all lines but not latest 50 lines from a file

Hi, I have a huge file which has Lacs of lines. File system got full. I want your guys help to suggest me a solution so that I can remove all lines from that file but not last 50,000 lines. I want solution which can remove lines from existing file so that I can have some space left with. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
28 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines in file

I have a file that contains the following: Party_Id1;Party_id2;Party_id3; 1;2;3; 0 0 4;5;6; 0 7;8;9; How can I adjust the file so it looks like this: Party_Id1;Party_id2;Party_id3; 1;2;3; 4;5;6; 7;8;9; I Think the '0' is something like a carriage return, I don't know. But how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katled
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines that are subsets of other lines in File

Hello everyone, Although it seems easy, I've been stuck with this problem for a moment now and I can't figure out a way to get it done. My problem is the following: I have a file where each line is a sequence of IP addresses, example : 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.5 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterJellyBean
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove/grab lines from file with pattern from other file

Sorry for the weird title but i have the following problem. We have several files which have between 10000 and about 500000 lines in them. From these files we want to remove lines which contain a pattern which is located in another file (around 20000 lines, all EAN codes). We also want to get... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
28 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)