Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell programing...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell programing... Post 302296944 by sunpraveen on Thursday 12th of March 2009 07:37:39 AM
Old 03-12-2009
Homework?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics programing

Hi all! I`m new in Unix (Linux) and i whant to ask something! What language should i use for Linux developing.I meen applications an GAME DEVELOPING! Should i use C,TCL ??? Please help me on this ...:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebastyan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mutex in shell programing

A shell in crontab per 5 min write a file B shell in crontab per 6 min read a file how to lock the share file a ;avioid confilict in write and read? Thx : -) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zz_xm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files in shell programing

Hi folks, In our product installation program we edit xml files by deleting lines and appending new lines instead of them. For example: update_Log4plsql_xml() { machineName=`uname -n` hostIP=`cat /etc/hosts | grep ${machineName} | cut -f1` trap 'clean_up | tee -a $installLog ; exit' 1 2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
0 Replies

4. Linux

Linux game programing or just shell scripting

Well Acording to my job... Anyhelp plz. I need some basic scripting stuff. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish Jimmy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Programing (need help)

plx help to solve these problems?? 1. Create a HERE document which will edit multiple files in the same directory, using the ed editor. I give you 3 original files: file1.c , file2.c , file3.c, download them and change each string "stdio.h" to "STDIO.H" in these files. Note: when execute the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoCalledEngr
1 Replies

6. Programming

A C++ programing Shell on Win

Hello I need to translade the power of unix command shell (grep, sed, awk, wc, etc..) to windows. In my work every day I administrate 15 unix server ans 18 windows server, and I have the problem the absolutly limitation of windows shell. I´m a system administrator but I know programming. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalmus
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programing with awk Tool

I'm working on a program in with shell programming and it needs to be able to delete the contents of files in the Home directory on certain days of the week.(like tuesday). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Taffy. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taffy
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Netork programing

Hello experts, please help me as i want to learn the networking concepts in details , as i come know Unix network programming by Richard Stevens volume 1,2 is good please any of you downloaded the Free PDF version of it please direct m e as i want to download these books or the pdf form of it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

9. Programming

Shell programing to implement SQL package

hi all, i have a table with employee details like his name,addr,DOB etc. i need a shell program which takes one date as input from user and print the employees whose DOB is less than that date. in sql package the select query is written (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with shell programing script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: operator
5 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)