Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl -Pattern Matching help..! Post 302296375 by coolbhai on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 04:10:39 AM
Old 03-11-2009
Question Perl -Pattern Matching help..!

Hi,

I got doubt in Pattern matching, could you tell me how the following differs in action ??

if ( $line1==/$line2/ )
if ( $line1=~/$line2/ )
if ( $line1=~m/$line2/)

What is the significance of '~' in matching.

Thanks in advance
CoolBhai
coolbhai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching + perl question

i can only find the first occurance of a pattern how do i set it to loop untill all occurances have changed. #! /usr/bin/perl use POSIX; open (DFH_FILE, "./dfh") or die "Can not read file ($!)"; foreach (<DFH_FILE>) { if ($_ !~ /^#|^$/) { chomp; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern matching

hi i am trying to get digits inside brackes from file , whose structure is defined below CREATE TABLE TELM (SOC_NO CHAR (3) NOT NULL, TXN_AMOUNT NUMBER (17,3) SIGN_ON_TIME CHAR (8) TELLER_APP_LIMIT NUMBER (17,3) FIL01 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching !!! Help

Hello I got the below one from in one of this forums For Ex: Loading File System Networking in nature now i need to extract the patterns between the words File and Networking : i.e. sample output: System cmd used : cat <file> | sed 's/.*File //' | sed 's/Closing.*$//' Actually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching

Hello experts, I have a file containing the following text(shortened here). File Begin ---------- < # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 < Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 --- > # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_Cassini >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl pattern matching!!

Hi experts, I have many occurances of the following headers in a file. I need to grep for the word changed/inserted in the header, calculate the difference between the two numbers and list the count incrementally. Headers in a file look like this: ------------------- ---------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern matching...

I am doing a file patterhn matching for a text file in PERL I am using this,,, but it says that no file is found $filepattern = '\d{1,4}.*A0NW9693.NDM.HBIDT.*.AD34XADJ.txt'; Can anyone help me out with Perl Pattern Matching concepts and how to do pattern matching for this txt file:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching in PERL

I have a 2 files in .gz format and it consists of 5 million lines the format of the file would be gzcat file1.gz | more abcde aerere ffgh56 .. .. 12345 gzcat file2.gz | more abcde , 12345 , 67890, ffgh56 , 45623 ,12334 whatever the string is in the file1 should be matched... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with perl pattern matching

My log file looks as given below, its actually a huge file around 1 GB and these are some of the line: conn=5368758 op=10628050 msgId=64 - RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0 conn=7462122 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=247 slot=247 LDAPS connection from 10.13.18.12:37645 to 10.18.6.45 conn=7462122... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in Perl

Hi, I have a list of IP, eg : 192.168.0.15 192.168.0.24 192.168.2.110 192.168.2.200 And I would like the shortest pattern who match with '192.168.0' and '192.168.2' (without the last dot and number). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: X-Or
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Use of *? in Matching Pattern

I am using Perl version 5.8.4 and trying to understand the use of regular expression. Following is my code and output. $string = "Perl is a\nScripting language"; ($start) = ($string =~ /\A(.*?) /); @lines = ($string =~ /^(.*?) /gm); print "First Word (using \\A): $start\n","Line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies
cam(1)							      General Commands Manual							    cam(1)

NAME
cam - CPU'S AUDIO MIXER for Linux SYNOPSIS
cam [-v x,y] [--volume x,y] [-b x,y] [--bass x,y] [-t x,y] [--treble x,y] [-s x,y] [--synth x,y] [-p x,y] [--pcm x,y] [-S x,y] [--speaker x,y] [-l x,y] [--line x,y] [-m x,y] [--mic x,y] [-c x,y] [--cd x,y] [-M x,y] [--mixer x,y] [-a x,y] [--altpcm x,y] [-r x,y] [--reclev x,y] [-i x,y] [--igain x,y] [-o x,y] [--ogain x,y] [-l1 x,y] [--line1 x,y] [-l2 x,y] [--line2 x,y] [-l3 x,y] [--line3 x,y] [-3d 1|0] [--3dse 1|0] [-agc 1|0] [--agc 1|0] [-h] [-?] [--help] [-get] [-save] [-getfile filename] [-savefile filename] xcam DESCRIPTION
This is an audio mixer for Linux. You have the choice to use it with an interface or at the command line. OPTIONS
When using the interface you can use the following keys : LEFT ARROW decrease the volume of the current device. RIGHT ARROW increase the volume of the current device. UP ARROW go to previous device. DOWN ARROW go to next device. L locks or unlocks : unlocked : you can control the left and right channel separately. lock : left and right channel are controlled together. R turn on/off recording mode : red lamp : recording turned on green lamp : recording turned off 3 turn on/off 3D Stereo Enhancement (3DSE) device : when turned on green indicator 3D will be lit at the left side of main volume handle. A turn on/off microphone Automatic Gain Control : when turned on green indicator AGC will be lit at the left side of microphone volume handle. S save the settings of ALL devices in a file ($HOME/.camrc) G loads the saved settings and restores them. H shows the help screen. Q/ESC exits the program and returns to shell. NOTE: you can use upper or lower case. When using the command line options the interface is not shown. The following options are available : -v, --volume x,y Set 'volume' to x (left) and y (right) -b, --bass x,y Set 'bass' to x (left) and y (right) -t, --trebble x,y Set 'treble' to x (left) and y (right) -s, --synth x,y Set 'synth' to x (left) and y (right) -p, --pcm x,y Set 'pcm' to x (left) and y (right) -S, --speaker x,y Set 'speaker' to x (left) and y (right) -l, --line x,y Set 'line in' to x (left) and y (right) -m, --mic x,y Set 'microphone' to x (left) and y (right) -c, --cd x,y Set 'CD in' to x (left) and y (right) -I, --imix x,y Set 'mixer' to x (left) and y (right) -a, --altpcm x,y Set 'altpcm' to x (left) and y (right) -r, --reclev x,y Set 'record level' to x (left) and y (right) -i, --igain x,y Set 'input gain' to x (left) and y (right) -o, --ogain x,y Set 'output gain' to x (left) and y (right) -l1, --line1 x,y Set 'line 1' to x (left) and y (right) -l2, --line2 x,y Set 'line 2' to x (left) and y (right) -l3, --line3 x,y Set 'line 3' to x (left) and y (right) -3d, --3dse 1|0 Set 3D Stereo Enhancement to 1 (on) or 0 (off) -agc, --agc 1|0 Set Automatic Gain Control for microphone to 1 (on) or 0 (off) -get restore the saved values from $HOME/.camrc -save save the values to $HOME/.camrc -getfile filename restore the saved values from file 'filename' -savefile filename save the values to file 'filename' -h, -?, --help displays help NOTE: x and y are in range from 1 to 100. Higher or lower numbers are ignored. BUGS
None known as yet. If you find one, please let me know. AUTHOR
Jan 'TWP' VANDENBERGHE <jvdbergh@uia.ua.ac.be> cam(1)