Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find the size of a database by counting all the used pages Post 302296212 by R.T. on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 03:52:57 PM
Old 03-10-2009
Code:
awk '{A=$1;B=$2;print A" x "B" = "A*B}' filename

Last edited by R.T.; 03-10-2009 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Needed code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to figure out the size in MB for an informix database

This is the info i have so far. please if you are dead positive can u let me know if i my math/process is correct. Chunks address chk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathname 5003e1f8 1 1 0 250000 177177 PO- /database/link_cw_p01_rootdbs 5003e494 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. Solaris

database image size

hi , we are using Veritas netbackup 5 to backup all databases at our site. i noticed lately that a specific filesystem on the netbackup servers in running critically out of space , after some investigations i found that there are images that are increasing in size everytime a backup is taken .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command(s) to find size of mysql database?

hello, i'm trying to figure out the size of a mysql database shelling into my server with putty / command line. is there / are there any commands that will return the size of a database, in MB? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbourgeois
4 Replies

4. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

know the size of database

Hi all , How to know the size of a oracle database running in hp-ux server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Database Size

Can anybody tell me how to look for the size of the database on the solariis servers. I am using Solaris 5.6 and Solaris 1.1.1 Any help will be appreciated.................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

7. AIX

NMON 12a Size of proc in 4k pages?

Hi running NMON 12a under AIX. Lately I get some out of mem errors from a java machine running "-xmx 1024" which means it can hold up to 1GB mem. Monitoring the process in NMON shows under TOP -> SIZE KB -> 250M I've found nothing in the documentation so I'd like to ask here if anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malapha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off pause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scrape 10 million pages and save the raw html data in mysql database

I have a list of 10 million page urls. I want those pages scraped and saved in the mysql database as raw html. I own a Linux VPS server with 1GB RAM and WHM/cPanel. I would like to scrape at least 100,000 urls in 24 hours. So can anyone give me some sample shell scripting code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viruthagiri
4 Replies