Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to clear STATE - uninitialized in solaris 10 Post 302295700 by madhu548 on Monday 9th of March 2009 09:57:07 AM
Old 03-09-2009
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsunadm
it seems you didnt login thru console after os installed. so login thru console mode and all services will be initialized. if it is a zone try "zlogin -C <zonename>"Smilie

I tried
sara4@root# zlogin -e@ -C sara41
[Connected to zone 'sara41' console]
Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): Login incorrect

Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): Login incorrect

------Its NOt allowing me with root password

Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): ^D
Login incorrect

Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): Requesting System Maintenance Mode
(See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.)
Console login service(s) cannot run

Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass):

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris System State & filesystems backup

Hi , We are using Veritas Net Backup , I want to create a new policy for backing up the (Solaris Operating System & the file systems) only the OS. not Full backup because we have an other policy for Oracle Apps and it takes full backup for all Partitions. I need the OS backup to be in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of uninitialized value in join or string at arraydef.pl

When try to execute the following script, its throwing this error: " Use of uninitialized value in join or string at arraydef.pl line 17. " The script is : 1 #!/usr/bin/perl 2 3 use strict; 4 5 my @a = ( 1...10 ); 6 7 print " Original array : @a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris 9 new pumbed interface will not enter a RUNNING state

I'm trying to plumb a new interface bge1 on my machine: root@obms2-com-indianapolis-in:/root# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: R37ribution
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hitting with custom port in CLOSE_WAIT state for long time in solaris 10

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of uninitialized value in subtraction

Hallo all i am trying to execute this script ............... But this is throwing the error...... use of uninitialized value in subtraction in at icd_convert.pl line 156 use of uninitialized value in subtraction in at icd_convert.pl line 157 use of uninitialized value in subtraction in at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to clear maintenance state for apache2 server?

Can any one of you suggest me the method to get apache server in online from maintenance mode. I tried in the following way, but couldn't get that service to online. bash-3.00# svcs -a | grep apache legacy_run 9:51:55 lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S50apache offline 9:51:22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to clear logs for every 6 hours in solaris

Hi Folks, I need to remove log files for six hours on Solaris. before i used to do for every 24 hours below is the code for 1 day older log files, now i tried using -mmin +360 but it says command not found. Can someone please help me out!!! part of the code: LOG_FILE=`find /home/Logdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Telnet uninitialized

HI I need help regarding telnet as I try to run the service it gives error #svcs -xv svc:/network/telnet:default svc:/network/telnet:default (Telnet server) State: uninitialized since Wed May 15 16:46:41 2013 Reason: Restarter svc:/network/inetd:default is not running. See:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
14 Replies

9. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//)

I have written a PERL script to read files from directory that the filename contains OT. It then takes each line of each file and prints the first 5 characters before the first occurence of a /. Currently I am getting the error: Use of uninitialized value in string at rowGrab.pl line 43.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
3 Replies