Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris need solaris /etc/default/fs equivalent file in redhat Linux Post 302295650 by incredible on Monday 9th of March 2009 07:58:30 AM
Old 03-09-2009
Check this out if it helps and let us know
at: All commands for every operating system

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux redhat and solaris NIS+

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone had success with installing a redhat linux (PC box) on a Solaris NIS+ network. I have gotten information on how to do this but have been unsuccessful. The information that I have gotten is a little out dated and is not 100%. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application can't startup?? Solaris and Linux RedHat

can someone tell me what could cause an application not to startup? I'm getting calls from users saying they cant' startup a particular application. how do I troubleshoot this? i tried doing ps -ef | grep (application) i saw the application running. now, am wondering, would it be safe to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris or RedHat Linux

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 versus Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: izy100
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is yum equivalent in redhat?

What is the command in redhat that is equvalent in 'yum' in Fedora? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the equivalent of Solaris snoop in Linux

What is the equivalent of Solaris snoop in Linux I could not find snoop in RHEL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh149
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple CSH Script behaves differently on Solaris and RedHat Linux

I have a simple csh-script on a Solaris Workstaion which invokes the bc calculator: #!/bin/csh set shz=2 set zshift=5 set shzp=`bc -l <<END \ scale = 3 \ -1. * $shz + $zshift \ END` echo $shzp The result ($shzp) in this case is 3 (-1*2+5). It works fine on Solaris 8. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: two reelers
2 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solaris /etc/default/fs equivalent file in redhat Linux

contents of /etc/default/fs file in solaris are @:/root !ksh less /etc/default/fs LOCAL=ufs i want to retrieve same LOCAL variable in redhat Linux... any1 knows path of corresponding file in Linux? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 how do I enable and disable services? (equivalent of chkconfig on Linux)

I've successfully installed syslog-ng and chkconfig using the packages from the OpenCSW project, these packages install under /opt/csw. I now need to disable the default syslog daemon and enable the new service created by the OpenCSW package (/etc/init.d/cswsyslog_ng). Is there any good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Looking for equivalent of Solaris containers/zones in RHEL7 Linux

Hi, I come from a legacy Solaris background with lots of experience with Solaris Containers/zones that we use for network and process isolation from each other. Currently we have a RHEL7 Linux VM running on VMWare, but we would like to segment that VM with some form of containers and achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
1 Replies
uri_urn(3tcl)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management					     uri_urn(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(3tcl)