Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: auto-complete in terminal
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers auto-complete in terminal Post 302295494 by JerryHone on Sunday 8th of March 2009 07:04:47 PM
Old 03-08-2009
Do you have a key mapping in the VMware setup that maps a keyboard key to the correct key sequence needed for the underlying OS to make it work?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto Complete under AIX

How can one setup auto complete under AIX when you type a path etc. by pressing a sequece of keys yu can complete the line. Any sugestions !!!! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
7 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Auto complete

How can I set up the profile for a use so when entering a eg first charachter of a file and then pressing the tab OS will complete the file name. Thanks in advance Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom_Zamani
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Complete

Hi ! Can anybody please give me any clue how to set on the Auto Complete option (auto complete paths by pressing escape) in unix ? Thanks! Pablo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cordobapablo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom auto-complete

Hello: I am using csh, and am a complete noob when it comes to shell scripting. I want the following: 1) Ignore case when doing auto-complete. 2) If there are multiple matches (example: I have files abc.txt abc.txt.1, abc.txt.2 and type abc<tab>), count the number of matches. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madiyaan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Terminal Highlight Auto-Copy in Fedora 14

Does anyone know how to Autocopy/paste this in Fedora 14 with a standard usb 2 button mouse? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koopa_Troopa
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Complete variable names in KSH

Hi, I use KSH a lot. I wanted to know if I can auto-complete a Variable name in the environment. I know this is possible in tcsh. I use the vi mode to edit commands on command prompt. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks..!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell - Auto complete shell windows

*Sorry for my other post in French* Hi everyone! In my work I have to find how can I auto complete this type of windows (screenshot) in Shell with defined variables. http://opsi-fr.opensides.be/opsi-doc/stable/xhtml/fr/images/mysql-config-input-mask.png Thank you so much for replies! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devilsnake88
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Emacs auto-complete comments too

I am using emacs auto-complete. Auto completion works well, however text inside comments blocks is not auto completed. I want to auto complete when writing comments as well but cannot find a way to set it up yet. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
XkbResizeKeyActions(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbResizeKeyActions(3)

NAME
XkbResizeKeyActions - Change the number of actions bound to a key SYNOPSIS
XkbAction * XkbResizeKeyActions (XkbDescRec *xkb, int key, int needed); ARGUMENTS
- xkb keyboard description to change - key keycode of key to change - needed new number of actions required DESCRIPTION
The xkb parameter points to the keyboard description containing the key whose number of actions is to be changed. The key parameter is the keycode of the key to change, and needed specifies the new number of actions required for the key. XkbResizeKeyActions reserves the space needed for the actions and returns a pointer to the beginning of the new array that holds the actions. It can change the acts, num_acts, and size_acts fields of xkb->server if it is necessary to reallocate the acts array. If needed is greater than the current number of keysyms for the key, XkbResizeKeyActions initializes all new actions in the array to NoAc- tion. Because the number of actions needed by a key is normally computed as width * number of groups, and XkbResizeKeyActions does not modify either the width or number of groups for the key, a discrepancy exists on return from XkbResizeKeyActions between the space allocated for the actions and the number required. The unused entries in the list of actions returned by XkbResizeKeyActions are not preserved across future calls to any of the map editing functions, so you must update the key actions (which updates the width and number of groups for the key) before calling another allocator function. A call to XkbChangeTypesOfKey updates these. If any allocation errors occur while resizing the number of actions bound to the key, XkbResizeKeyActions returns NULL. SEE ALSO
XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3), XkbResizeKeySyms(3) NOTES
A change to the number of actions bound to a key should be accompanied by a change in the number of symbols bound to a key. Refer to XkbRe- sizeKeySyms for more information on changing the number of symbols bound to a key. X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbResizeKeyActions(3)