Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solstice 6.0.3 - Recover: Cannot Start Session Post 302294137 by denisgomes on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 03:03:07 PM
Old 03-04-2009
Solstice 6.0.3 - Recover: Cannot Start Session

Hi people,
I have a Solstice Backup 6.0.3 installed in server X1 and one installed in server X2.
I need to start de recover in X2 and the somes files existing in X1.
- Well, i begin this process in X2 with
#nwadmin -s X1 &
and i select "Save Set/ Recover". I select the datas and click in button Recover.
- The next step is click "Options" and select "Overwrite ...." and "Start". When i start the Restore i receive de message:

Save Set Recover started: 03/04/09 16:38:53
recover: Cannot start session with server X1: Authentication error
Save Set Recover ended: 03/04/09 16:39:08

Help me please....
Tank you.

Last edited by denisgomes; 03-04-2009 at 04:10 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solstice Disksuite Question

According to the metadb man page: Now based on italicized part, if a mirror only has a single replica and never crashes, it should still function. Same with booting. I thought three replicas were necessary for the system to be able to come up but the comment about crashing tells me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

3. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Looking for Solstice DiskSuite 4.2

Hi all, Do you know where I can download Soltice Disksuite 4.2 for Solaris 2.6 ? I haven't the CD labeled “Solaris Server Intranet Extensions 1.0” . Thanks in advance for your precious help. Bests Regards Hosni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosni
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. Linux

Session "hijacking" - Recover lost session

Hi Guys, Is there a way to recover a lost session? I was working in a server and that lost the connection, now, I have a new session but all the previous processes that I was running, like scripts, etc, are still running. Is there a way to bring them to my session? Best regards, Marco. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start script when a user starts a remote session

Howdy, I'm fairly new at bash scripting, but (for some reason) I've been tasked with building a bastion server and logging all (ssh/telnet) remote activity. Each session must create a unique log file - the name of each file must include the user ID, the connection method (ssh/telnet), the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilo90
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Start multiple scripts from the same session

hello, i have an AIX 6.1 server which has Informix 11.5 Database Engine. When i want to export some databases from the instance for backup or for any other use i can do it with dbexport (informix command). The problem is that when i run this command or when i run script which run this command,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies
solstice(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      solstice(1M)

NAME
solstice - access system administration tools with a graphical user interface SYNOPSIS
/bin/solstice DESCRIPTION
solstice used on a system presents the Solstice Launcher, a graphical user interface that provides access to the Solstice AdminSuite prod- uct family of system administration tools. The tools that appear in the launcher depend on what Solstice products you installed on your system. Help is available by using the Help button. USAGE
The Solstice Launcher allows you to do the following tasks: Launch applications Use the Solstice Launcher to launch system administration tools. Register applications Use the Solstice Launcher to add and register applications locally with the launcher. Remove applications Use the Solstice Launcher to remove locally registered applications. Customize application properties Use the Solstice Launcher to show, hide, or remove applications in the launcher, reorder the icons, change the launcher window width, modify applications properties, and add applications. FILES
/$HOME/.solstice_registry Local registry information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsadml | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
soladdapp(1M), soldelapp(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The Solstice Launcher adds or removes local applications that are private to the user (not local to the system) only. The properties of globally registered applications that are used by local and remote users sharing the software from a particular /opt directory cannot be modified from the Solstice Launcher. To register global applications for use by local and remote users, use the soladdapp(1M) command. To remove globally registered applications, use the soldelapp(1M) command. SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 1995 solstice(1M)