Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert date format to mysql date format in log file Post 302293490 by ripat on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 07:12:20 AM
Old 03-03-2009
With GNU awk:

Code:
 gawk -F, '{split($1, a, "/"); print "20" a[3] "-" a[1] "-" a[2], $2}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert date format

Hi All, Need your help in converting a date format in ksh. I'm currently working on SUN os where my script is getting a date from a table. The result returns to ksh in this format: 17-JUL-08 How do i convert this string to a date format like yyyymmdd? I tried #!/bin/ksh d="17-JUL-08"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format

I've been using this thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/58675-change-date-dd-mmm-yyyy-mm-dd-yyyy.html and https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/14655-changing-yyyy-mm-dd-ddmmyy.html and this code: on this format: 05/16/2008 18:30:49 Installation 48985and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the date format from mdy to ymd in column of file

The date format in the delimited file for one column '6/27/2011 12:00:00 AM' Is it possible o change it to '2011-06-27 12:00:00 AM' for all the records.. Thanks in advance..... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a unix script to convert date into Julian format in a text file

The 6th & 7th column of the text files represents date & time. I need this to be converted in julian format using command "date +%s -d <date>". I know the command, but dont know how to use it on the script 0 dbclstr-b IXT_Web Memphis_Prod_SQL_Full Memphis-Prod-SQL-Full-Application-Backup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Date Format

Hello, I want to change the format of date value in variable. e.g. cur_date = '2013/03/13 14:24:50' (yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss) I want to change this to '13-MAR-2013 14:24:50 Following code coverts the current date to format I am looking for. But I do not know how this can be done for a date... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date format

Hi guys I am looking to convert this kind of entry in a txt file 26/04/2008 to April 2008 Note : this is not using the date command , these are date entries in a file can i do this with sed ? Use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybananas
5 Replies
DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)						 1					       DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)

DateTime::format - Returns date formatted according to given format

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public string DateTime::format (string $format) DESCRIPTION
string DateTimeImmutable::format (string $format) string DateTimeInterface::format (string $format) Procedural style string date_format (DateTimeInterface $object, string $format) Returns date formatted according to given format. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3) o $format - Format accepted by date(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the formatted date string on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTimeInterface.format(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-01 00:00:00 NOTES
This method does not use locales. All output is in English. SEE ALSO
date(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)