Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to compile and run java programs Post 302293137 by kduffin on Monday 2nd of March 2009 01:00:37 PM
Old 03-02-2009
Do you perhaps only have the JRE installed? If so, you won't find a javac binary. Cheers, Keith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to Compile programs using cc??

How do you Compile programs using cc?? I'm lost. Do I need to buy C or what? I'm only going to use it very few times a year. From what everyone seems to be telling me, it sounds like it is build into the Unix system but I'm having no luck. Please help or just point me in the right direction. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotanddot
7 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to compile pro*c, C programs

Hi, How to precompile the c program which has proc statements within it. If it is only c, I will use the following cmd cc filename.c -o output so please tell me what command I have to use for precompilation. I beleave that this is not an oracle or proc forum, but still I hope will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot run c compiled programs

iam in the way of making graphics using SDL.i copied from cd usign mount -a /cdrom cd /cdrom cp SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz /usr/test cd /usr/test gunzip SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz tar -xf SDL-1.2.11.tar cd SDL-1.2.11 ./configure ... ... it stops at checking whether the c compiler... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to compile and run java through the terminal

Hey everybody, Ok here is my problem. I have this code that that compiles, but when i go to run it it gives me errors. I stored my simple java class here: /user/workspace/getMailFromSafeDoc/src I store my mail.jar file here: /user/workspace/getMailFromSafeDoc/lib/javaMail/javaMail.jar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killesk
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Compile .java

How would I go about compiling a .java file into a .class file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tecron
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access/run c programs on Putty?

Hi all, I wrote a couple noobie programs and had them compiled over Putty (using gcc), but I don't know what command I should use to run them. Please assume that I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming and putty commands. Thank you for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Recycalable
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java compile and run program help

What is the trick to get a java program to run and compile? I can't even get a basic skeleton to run and compile. What packages do I need? I figured the java-gcj and gcc-java packages was enough. Do I need any other packages? I thought I had to do this and it would work but its not. javac... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compile and run java in UNIX?

Hi Im using MobaXterm Unix on my windows XP.I want to compile java in unix.I have installed java to the following path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09\bin In order to compile the java prog im typing the following command after entering into the bin directory: C:\Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak3141
2 Replies
install(1)						      General Commands Manual							install(1)

Name
       install - install binaries

Syntax
       install [-c] [-m mode] [-o owner] [-g group] [-s] binary destination

Description
       The  binary  is moved to destination.  If destination already exists, it is removed before binary is moved.  If the destination is a direc-
       tory then binary is moved into the destination directory with its original file-name.

The command refuses to move a file onto itself.

Options
       -c		   Copies binary to destination.

-g group 	   Specifies a different group from group staff for destination.  The destination is changed to group system; the -g group
			   option  may	be used to specify a different group.  The user must belong to the specified group and be the owner of the
			   file or the superuser.

-m mode		   Specifies a different mode from the standard 755 for destination.

-o owner 	   Specifies a different owner from owner root for destination.  The destination is changed  to  current  owner.   The	-o
			   owner option may be used to specify a different owner, but only the superuser can change the owner.

-s		   Strips the binary after it is installed.

See Also
       chgrp(1), chmod(1), cp(1), mv(1), strip(1), chown(8)

install(1)