Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Accessing VSS through Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Accessing VSS through Perl Post 302292498 by adityamahi on Saturday 28th of February 2009 08:09:39 AM
Old 02-28-2009
Accessing VSS through Perl

Hi All,

can you please let me know how to copy entire files in a directory of VSS to a local folder. i am using PERL to access the VSS.

Thanks in Advance

regards,
aditya Mahi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

glance RSS/VSS data column

hi guys... i got a problem... i have written a trivial test program which allocates some memory, it waits for a while (enters a loop), and then releases that memory. the problem is that although glance depitcs the memory allocation procedure properly - by updating both RSS and VSS data segments... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing variables declared in another perl script

Hi all, I have a perl script which declares two variables and calls another perl script which accesses those variables. But I am unable to access the variables in the called script. My script is as follows: my $ENV{a}="20"; system("perl called.pl"); and my called.pl contains: print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing a function in ksh from perl

is it possible? Because I know we could use open(A, `abc.ksh`); to access a ksh, but is it possible to access just one (or more) function from the ksh script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent !!! Shell script to copy files to VSS

Hi all !!! I need this sample script urgently. Please help. Suppose I do an "ls -ltr" in a directory and store the output in a text file (say "a.txt"). What I need to do is to write a shell script which reads file-names from "a.txt" and copies only those files to VSS. Let's say the destination... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devalin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing files with perl

Hello i am new to Perl and i have a question. I am trying to read a file that has the following format: 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ 14/4/2008 9:13:08 πμ|10800|306973223399|306970097423|1||1264|1|126|492|878||19774859762$... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Accessing a Perl CGI script, security issue

Hi Everybody, I was wondering if it was possible for someone to gain access to my Perl CGI scripts before they are interpreted by Perl (mod_perl on apache2) i.e. getting a hold of my raw scripts and not the html output? Let's say I use the DBI module where I have the hostname, user and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL on windows accessing variables from a config file

Folks, I'm a perl moron, so please speak very slowly. : ) I'm modifying a build script that starts up an apache server. Now there is a .config file that hardcodes an old webserver path like this c:\oldWebserver. Now I don't want that hardcoded value, rather wish to use an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkoRocko
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: accessing reference to variable inside hash.

Below is hash which contains reference to variables: my %mandatoryFields = ( 1 => \$msgtype, 2 => \$switchtype, 3 => \$card_nbr, 4 => \$natv_tran_type_code, 5 => \$amt_1 ); This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies
LVX(1)							      ALLIANCE USER COMMANDS							    LVX(1)

NAME
lvx - Logical Versus eXtracted net-list comparator SYNOPSIS
lvx format1 format2 filename1 filename2 [ -a ] [ -u ] [ -o ] [ -f ] ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
lvx compares two gate-level or block level net-list. The goal is to compare a specification net-list (logical net-list), the input to a place and route tool, with the physical net-list (extracted net-list) obtained by the cougar(1) extractor. The net-list 1 is considered as the logical net-list and net-list 2 as the extracted net-list. lvx is an one-level hierarchical tool: The two net-list are flattened, if the -f option is present, to the cells contained in the catalog file. The path to the catalog file is indicated in the MBK_CATA_LIB(1) variable for the cell library, and in the MBK_WORK_LIB(1) variable with the name MBK_CATAL_NAME(1) for user blocks ( catal(5) ) that are not to be flattened. For both net-list, the instances are considered as black-boxes. The two net-list must have the same external connectors names. The two net-list must have the same instances names. The two net-list must have the same signals names for unconnected signals. The two net-list cannot directly contain transistors. Comparison is performed in three steps: Compare terminals. Compare instances. Compare connections. Compare unconnected signals. If an error occurs during first or second step, a message is immediately displayed and the third step will not start: lvx cannot compare connections (signals) if terminals or instances are not equivalent. The -o option allows to order connectors if the steps described before have been reached successfully. Extracted_netlist is then saved on disk. The file get the name filename2 suffixed by the value of MBK_OUT_LO(1) variable. Routers add automatically empty feed-through cells. These cells must not be taken into account in the comparison. A cell that have the F attribute in the catalog file ( catal (5) ) is considered as feed-through cell, and are deleted, in memory, from the net-list where it appears. OPTIONS
-a Some routers generate layout with several physical connectors for power and ground ( VDD or VSS ). If those connectors are not internally connected, they will have different indexed names ( VDD1 , VDD2 etc...) in the extracted net-list. It is possible to perform reduction on those power and ground connectors before comparison, using the -a option. After reduction, each instance con- tains only one VDD connector and one VSS connector, as the main figure. -o In this case, lvx produces a modified net-list (saved with the name filename2 ), which is a copy of net-list 2 with ordered connec- tors. Terminals and instance connectors are relisted in the order of the models in net-list 1. The saved net-list is done with the MBK_OUT_LO(1) format, so user has to set this variable before running lvx . If he does not, default value is used, and net-list 1 could be lost if filename are identical and input format same as output format. If -a option is used, then the saved net-list is the reduced net-list with only one VDD and one VSS . -u This option force lvx to check the consistency of unassigned signals between the two netlists. -f The two net-lists are flattened to the leaf cells contained in the catalog file. Usually the extracted net-list is a flatten net- list, while the logical one can be a hierarchical net-list. EXAMPLES
With logical_netlist named amd2901.vst and the corresponding extracted_netlist as amd2901.al containing multiple power connectors, the com- mand line is : lvx vst al amd2901 amd2901 -a OUTPUT FILES
filename2.xx Netlist view saved when the -o option is present. The suffixe depend on the MBK_OUT_LO(1) environment variable. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
MBK_CATA_LIB contains the directories where the cell librtaries are. MBK_WORK_LIB contains the directory path of the working direc- tory, usually set to . (dot). MBK_OUT_LO contains the expected format of the netlist output. MBK_CATAL_NAME contains the name of the user cell catalog. SEE ALSO
cougar(1), MBK_OUT_LO(1), MBK_WORK_LIB(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1), MBK_CATAL_NAME(1), catal(5) . DIAGNOSTICS
The string "_logic" is appended to the net-list 1 and the string "_extract", is appended to the net-list 2. Two kinds of error message can occur: A fatal error causes the program to exit. It happens when one of the net-lists is not correct, lvx cannot construct internal struc- ture for compare. A compare error occurs when the figures are not identical. It happens when basic objects (instances, connectors) do not exist in both net-list, or when connections (signals) do not connect same terminals or instances in the two net-lists. Exit code 0 is returned for identical net-lists. BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 LVX(1)

Featured Tech Videos