Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doubt in Oracle connecting unix - Very urgent Post 302291752 by quirkasaurus on Thursday 26th of February 2009 09:22:54 AM
Old 02-26-2009
Well, before we try running the thing blind again....

Can we do this:

Code:
cat << EOF
SELECT 'Y' FROM table_name
WHERE cond1 = '${table_name}'
AND DECODE('${var_a}','''NA''',own,'${var_b0}')= own
exception
when no_data_found then
dbms_output.put_line(NVL(l_owner_flag,'X'));
end;
EOF

... so we can see how this SQL gets expanded?

We're running a little blind here. For all we know,
the variables could be mucking up the SQL.

Plus, i don't know about that "own exception" line...

I recommend cobbling together the SQL without UNIX.
UNIX isn't the problem here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + oracle doubt....involving shell script

....does the dbms_output.put_line work inside unix shell script? i mean this is to be inside the sqlplus connection as follows!! sqlplus -s $UP <<EOJ .. .. .. dbms_output.put_line ('Insertion procedure failed for UPC BC : ' || wk_key_value || ' Sqlcode: ' || SQLCODE || ' Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mexx_freedom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt???? urgent

How to embed a shell script into a C++ program...do kinbdly help me by giving an example.... Thanking you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas_dba
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Doubt _ Urgent

Guys I have the file TEST.csv generated after a join of two different files with the same columns: key,string,data,number,key,string,data,number abc,test,020202,3,abc,test,010305,4 abc,level,070202,9,abc,tool,010203,7 def,tool,010101,7,,,, ghi,,,ghi,test,010203,8 I have to generate a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with connecting sftp server(urgent please)

Hi all, I have command to connect gateway server iam in home directory/> ssh root@mrp-gateway root@mrp-gateway:/root> sftp -v msgGoogle@126.132.45.123 sftp/>dir upload --> folder sftp/upload/ls ------------- 8990.txt kittu.txt 8989.txt i have an requirement to print files list which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Unix server through Oracle

Hi, I need some help regarding oracle with unix script Actually i have a shell script and i want that it gets triggered through a oracle Db.I dont have any idea how is it done, even whether it is possible....pls help.....!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need Connecting to Oracle DB from Unix

I have a table called CLARIFICATION in one of my schema in Oracle Data Base. I have to connect to oracle Data Base from Unix and compare the one of the column(Exec_Date) in CLARIFICATION table with Sysdate.If Exec_Date = Sysdate go head and run rest of the script otherwise exit out with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)