Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array Post 302291730 by callmebob on Thursday 26th of February 2009 08:55:42 AM
Old 02-26-2009
sorted thanks lowbyte. Apparently because it was over a TB, it automatically gives it an EFI label. Annoying thing was it kept putting /usr tags on the slices as I was trying to carve it up Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problemwith 3510 array.

I have 2 3510FC arrays, one a JBOD with (7) 146GB drives, and the other with dual RAID controllers, also (7) 146GB drives. The idea was to get 1TB mirrored. Anyway, after installing the Enterprise Storage Manager on a connected V880, I was able to use the "sccli" command and see/configure all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
7 Replies

2. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3510 Disk Array Problem

I have a 3510 disk array attached to a T2000 server. The dmesg command shows disk error as follows and is generated a couple of times during the day Aug 18 03:35:51 myserver SUNWscsdMonitor: <rctrl6042> Standard General Event, CHL:2 ID:22 Drive NOTICE: Drive Recovered Error - 5F8E1F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing using ZFS - need to remove EFI disk labels

What is the preferred way of doing this from a bare metal install? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Trouble creating a disk partition slice (EFI)

Hi all, I am using SPARC Solaris 11.1 with EFI labelled disks. I am new to ZFS file systems and slightly stuck when trying to create a partition (slice) on one of my LUNs. EFI labels use sectors and blocks and I am not sure how exactly it works. From here I can try and create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selectstar
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

7. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
IP-ADDRLABEL(8) 						       Linux							   IP-ADDRLABEL(8)

NAME
ip-addrlabel - protocol address label management SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] addrlabel { COMMAND | help } OPTIONS := { -V[ersion] | -s[tatistics] | -r[esolve] | -f[amily] { inet | inet6 | ipx | dnet | link } | -o[neline] } ip addrlabel { add | del } prefix PREFIX [ dev DEV ] [ label NUMBER ] ip addrlabel { list | flush } DESCRIPTION
IPv6 address labels are used for address selection; they are described in RFC 3484. Precedence is managed by userspace, and only the label itself is stored in the kernel. ip addrlabel add - add an address label add an address label entry to the kernel. prefix PREFIX dev DEV the outgoing interface. label NUMBER the label for the prefix. 0xffffffff is reserved. ip addrlabel del - delete an address label delete an address label entry from the kernel. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip addrlabel add but the label is not required. ip addrlabel list - list address labels list the current address label entries in the kernel. ip addrlabel flush - flush address labels flush all address labels in the kernel. This does not restore any default settings. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Yoshifuji Hideaki / iproute2 20 Dec 2011 IP-ADDRLABEL(8)