Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10 Post 302290957 by frozentin on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 11:13:24 AM
Old 02-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajp_8007
we are just looking at setting up of a lab for solaris training for 50 to 100 trainees . i need to knw all the feasible sun solaris box configuration for the same.
Since you *need* to know all the feasible configurations, please contact your Sun Sales rep. They will be able to better assist you. Otherwise take a look at ebay/google for older systems and get a few depending on the topics you want to cover.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Requirements

hello all, i am about to start in with (i hope) both solaris and linux. but first i need a system to put each of these OS's on what i would like to know what is the system requirements for Solaris and linux. i will be building the systems my self. they will all intel based, it is all i have parts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cloudy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System requirements

I am concidering setting up a server for a web page and I am clueless as to system requirements. Could someone tell me the requirement for installing unix from a hardware perscective. Is it installed with no other OS on the computer. A mini primart would be greatly appreciated !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Expiditer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Requirements

Can someone please help me with the following question. I am trying to find out what the minimum hardware requirements are for a Unix OS, the vendor does not matter. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodrics
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Requirements

Whats the hardware requirementes to Unix? (not linux, bds, etc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxgilcosta
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

squid hardware requirements

Hello, how can I determine the required hardware for squid server if this server will serve around 100,000 users?? Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 system requirements???

Hi guys, I have been using Solaris 10 virtually since a couple of weeks under VirtualBox. Now I want to run it on hardware as it doesn't seem to work well under VirtualBox, atleast to my knowledge. I have another system which I intend to run Solaris on, and it is as under. Processor:- Intel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

9. Debian

install hardware requirements

Does any one have some words on this ' microprocessor '* and if there should be any attempt to install Debian Linux into it. Thank you I have looked at this page: 2.1.*Supported Hardware 2.1 Supported Hardware Chapter 2. System Requirements and crossed check many times and do not see any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)