Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: False Memory usage alarm!!
Operating Systems Solaris False Memory usage alarm!! Post 302290009 by incredible on Saturday 21st of February 2009 09:01:48 AM
Old 02-21-2009
where are you getting the following error? Is it from the system itself or from your monitoring tool?
Memory Usage - Critical, Memory usage (RAM) exceeding 90%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Programming

Basic signal and alarm usage

I am trying to write a program that will; 1) Show the message "Snoozing now...zzzz" on the screen for 5 seconds 2) Then in the same position show the message "The ALARM is going off now!" for 5 seconds 3) Repeat 1) then 2) infinitely until user presses Ctrl C I can't make it work. Any hints... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
17 Replies

3. HP-UX

How can I get memory usage or anything that show memory used from sar file?

Refer from title: How can i get memory used or anything that can show memory from sar file example on solaris:- we can use sar with option to show memory used at time that sar crontab run. on HP-UX, it not has option to see memory used. But i think it may be have some parameter or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panithat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Memory usage in Solaris - memory not freed?

Hi, I'm running a multi-process software system on a Solaris 8 machine. When I monitor the memory usage, I see that the free memory is dropping rapidly, but I can't detect a process that uses this memory. I'm using "top" to get the free memory and the memory usage of processes. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gewurtz
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
mman.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     mman.h(3HEAD)

NAME
mman.h, mman - memory management declarations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/mman.h> header supports the following options: o the Memory Mapped Files option o the Shared Memory Objects option o the Process Memory Locking option o the Memory Protection option o the Synchronized Input and Output option For Memory Mapped Files and Shared Memory Objects options, the following protection options are defined: PROT_READ Page can be read. PROT_WRITE Page can be written. PROT_EXEC Page can be executed. PROT_NONE Page cannot be accessed. The following flag options are defined: MAP_SHARED Share changes. MAP_PRIVATE Changes are private. MAP_FIXED Interpret addr exactly. The flags immediately following are defined for msync(). See msync(3C). MS_ASYNC Perform asynchronous writes. MS_SYNC Perform synchronous writes. MS_INVALIDATE Invalidate mappings. The symbolic constants immediately following are defined for the mlockall() function. See mlockall(3C). MCL_CURRENT Lock currently mapped pages. MCL_FUTURE Lock pages that become mapped. The symbolic constant MAP_FAILED is defined to indicate a failure from the mmap() function. See mmap(2). The mode_t, off_t, and size_t types are be defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mmap(2), mprotect(2), munmap(2), madvise(3C), mlock(3C), mlockall(3C), msync(3C), shm_open(3C), shm_unlink(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Feb 2008 mman.h(3HEAD)