Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to make and mount a Partition Post 302289933 by HernandJ2 on Friday 20th of February 2009 07:47:36 PM
Old 02-20-2009
Sorry for this, i've read the rules of the forum, but has anyone an idea to offer? This is quite important, and perhaps i haven't made myself clear (English is a non native language).

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount fat16 partition

Hello, I am trying to mount a FAT16 and FAT32 partition on an already installed Redhat system. I have tried to edit the fstab and mtab, and to put in the data I got from fdisk, but it just says cannot find it. The information given by fdisk on /dev/hda is: Device Boot Start ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoti
4 Replies

2. Solaris

can't mount a partition

Hello, I have a problem on my sun station, that run solaris7. To free temporarly a little space on /, I moved a few empty folders (mnt, net, awk, tftpboot) to the /home partition. Unfortunately the system froze just after this...maybe I should not have move this files, I don't know, I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabulus
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount other partition?

dear all, that is my problem : c0d0p1 is nt, c0d0p2 is solaris and other on extended partition is pcfs, so how can i mount it somewhere? because i dont know which one connect from raw to block dev. /dev/rdsk/c0d0p? any help would be great... :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

5. Solaris

can not mount the selected partition

Dear Brothers First i installed suse linux with the following partition. my hd0 size is 75gb hdc1 swap 1 gb hdc2 native linux 39gb For the rest of the 35 gb i did not create any partition. so i planned to install solaris 10x86 on that free space. When i installed the solaris i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script Partition Creation

Hello all How is it going I want Shell Patch The work of the following division of the disk Can this 200 MB EXT3 /boot 20 Gb EXT3 / 10 GB Swap End Of Space ( Linux LVM ) Found a similar script can be customized by you to be the work required #!/bin/bash VSIZE=200 fdisk /dev/hda... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount extended partition

Hello, Im new here, and may be my question is stupid, but... Today I run PGP Desktop decript on my 2nd partition ( D:\ ) and when decript finish, I restart my PC.Now when I try to open D:\ its give me: D:\ is not accessable and I lose my files :( So I load Linux live CD ( knoppix ) and try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrowcp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin bash script to unmount and mount an XP partition

As stated, I am looking into keeping my backup drive unmounted in normal windows use. Partly this is to address threats like cryptolocker. Since one of my backup drives is an internal drive, it will not likely afford any protection from such a threat. I am thinking of adding code to my rsync script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount UEFI partition

I want to gain read/write access to a Windows 8 partition from a linux live cd. Prior to Windows 8, I used ntfs-3g to mount the partition from the command line. The "Fdisk -l" command does not seem to be able to read efi partitions. There must be some new strategy for linux users. This is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamarsh
6 Replies

10. AIX

Can't mount a partition

Hello, today i get some aix errors (can't lock files and strange things) then i umount FS to do a fsck but i get these errors root@omega / > fsck -p /dev/fslv06 The current volume is: /dev/fslv06 Unable to read primary superblock. Unable to read either superblock. I readed on this page... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thorin666
9 Replies
ANKI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ANKI(1)

NAME
anki - flashcard program for language learning DESCRIPTION
Anki is a program designed to help you remember facts (such as words and phrases in a foreign language) as easily, quickly and efficiently as possible. To do this, it tracks how well you remember each fact, and uses that information to optimally schedule review times. With a minimal amount of effort, you can greatly increase the amount of material you remember, making study more productive, and more fun. Anki is based on a theory called spaced repetition. In simple terms, it means that each time you review some material, you should wait longer than last time before reviewing it again. This maximizes the time spent studying difficult material and minimizes the time spent reviewing things you already know. The concept is simple, but the vast majority of memory trainers and flashcard programs out there either avoid the concept all together, or implement inflexible and suboptimal methods that were originally designed for pen and paper. Anki's primary target is people studying Japanese, and Japanese native speakers studying English. However, it can be used to remember any- thing at all, and there are some users who are studying Chinese and possibly other languages with it. OPTIONS
anki does not take command line options. Its interface is entirely graphical. SEE ALSO
Anki home page: <http://ichi2.net/anki/index.html> Community support thread: <http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=556&p=1> AUTHOR
anki was written by Damien Elmes <anki@ichi2.net>. This manual page was written by Nicholas Breen <nbreen@ofb.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 11, 2007 ANKI(1)