Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatically removing a file Post 302289375 by danmero on Thursday 19th of February 2009 12:32:33 PM
Old 02-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS
Is there a script that i could write to automatically delete a file everytime that it is created (ex. i have an append file that is created everytime I run a program but I need it to get deleted automatically because everytime I run the program it add the original number of files appended given the wrong result.)
Maybe you don't want to create that file Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Rename Last Generated File

I'm trying to rename the last generated file in a given directory using a makefile. If I type 'make build' the 'build' target produces a file (ie: text_001.txt). It automatically generates them sequentially, so I don't have control over the name. I can't say that it will always be text_001.txt.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieter023
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files automatically from a directory after 30 days.

Hello; I have a directory that is collecting log and act files. I need to write a script that will remove these files once they are 30 days old. I have read through a number of threads on this site that have given me a great deal of information. However I have what seems to be a unique... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinb_155
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change automatically the file names

Hi all, I need to replace automatically all special characters of one filename with some corresponding characters For example > ö --> oe ä --> ae .... If the special character comes more than one time, then all the coccuerences have to be replaced. I would like to have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKY
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from a file automatically. Please a Help

hello, hope you can help me: ive got a file called archivos The content or structure of this file is ./chu0/filechu ./chu1/filechu I extract each line from this file manually and redirect to a file, and it Works fine, so the command line is: awk ‘/chu0/ {print $0}' < archivos >... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading a csv file automatically

I want to automatically download a CSV file daily which can be found here: London Stock Exchange - Search and the link is named "Click to download covered warrants (100Kb)" on the right hand side. What commands can I use to invoke clicking on this link and initiating the download? And also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file privileges automatically

Hi, Is it possible to write and run a shell script for specific directory( Apache/htdocs) that changes root privilege read/write to chmod 755 when a program uploads a file (word,PPT,XSL,..) to that directory Thanks, Mk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkohan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving logs automatically but not removing

hello all, Need assistance on the subject line above. I have a logserver.log located at /usr/local/logserver. It's NSLOGDEPTH=100. I'm not sure if this is the reason but my log file retention is only up to 100 only.. sample logserver001.log logserver002.log ... ... logserver100.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. Linux

how to automatically create a file?

how can i automatically create a file on Linux? like a process that searches for the file and if the file does not exist, it automatically makes the file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roozis
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a file in vi and automatically save and quit this file using shell script

Hi friends, In my shell script, I want to open a file using vi editor. After opening the file in vi, I want to save and quit this file automatically.... all through shell script. the code segment is: ------------------------------------------------------------ cd ~/netfpga/projects/scone/sw/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinteotia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically correct a File Name

Hi All Need a help to understand how one can automatically correct a file name using a shell script even if it is in a completely different format... Ex : adv_OK_0215_mem_rules_firing.txt / advex_0215_OK_me_rule_fire.txt (or in any other format as above) to :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
13 Replies