Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling Mach 3.0 Kernel
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling Mach 3.0 Kernel Post 302288941 by mgessner on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 10:30:37 AM
Old 02-18-2009
Minix?

What about The MINIX 3 Operating System?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Upgrading FC3 kernel 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10 and compiling it

Upgrading FC3 kernel 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10 and compiling it Upgrading FC3 kernel 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10 and compiling it( almost same steps to upgrade to 2.6.11 and above ....note--> also check additional documentation) ############################################################# 1. First of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem when compiling and installing the kernel

hello; i'm trying to install a new kernel in fedora core 5 i'm using the following command: /usr/src/linux-2.6.15.1# make && make modules && make modules_install && make install but i always have the following error: ld: édition de lien finale en échec: Aucun espace disponible sur le périphérique ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Compiling 2.6 Kernel. :confused:

Dear Linux Masters, I need ur help in the following: 1. Compiling 2.6 kernel. 2. my Redhat system is 2.4 kernel how to add 2.6 kernel. 3. I need minimum feature in 2.6 ( most probably related to networking) Please let me know if any sites to download 2.6 kernel. Can u all please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
2 Replies

4. Linux

Help Cross compiling a kernel for an HP Jornada 728

Hello, I just bought an old Jornada 728 and, as you may know, it comes with Windows CE 3.0. I do not use Windows, so i wanted to create my own linux system for the Jornada. I know there are projects like Jlime, Familiar Linux, 720 Degrees, etc. But i want something based on the distribution i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semash!
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Kernel for an Embedded System

-----Edit----- My original post was long and confusing. To sum it up, I am wondering how to do the following Debian based commands on an RPM type system. dpkg -i XXX.deb update-initramfs -k xxx -c update-grub I hope someone can provide some insight. Thanks in advance! --------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sakenxx
0 Replies

6. Linux

Automate compiling of linux kernel

Hi, I'm a newbie at kernel compilation. Currently trying to do a bash script to automate the compiling process of the linux kernel. I'm having some problems with automating the configuration. I know its possible to load an existing .config file in the make menuconfig screen prompt. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloe_vera
3 Replies

7. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while compiling the kernel 3.3.1.

Hi I m using redhat 6 with kernel release 2.6.32-71.el6.i686 I have downloaded latest kernel 3.3.1 from kernel.org . when i run make module_install i get below error. # make modules_install /usr/src/kernels/linux-3.3.1/scripts/depmod.sh: line 37: 11314 Killed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

drbd module compiling error for Kernel

Hi I am trying to install drbd8 via apt-get on ubuntu10 sudo apt-get install drbd8-source password for vishals: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done drbd8-source is already the newest version. drbd8-source set to manually installed. 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_vsh1
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Missing Modules After Compiling Kernel

I'm a little embarrassed after all these years I've never really successfully compiled my own kernel. I used this guide to make the following files: linux-headers-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-image-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-libc-dev_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb When I first booted into this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies
launch(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 launch(3)

NAME
launchd APIs -- interfaces for interacting with a launchd job. SYNOPSIS
#include <launch.h> #include <servers/bootstrap.h> kern_return_t bootstrap_check_in(mach_port_t bp, const name_t service_name, mach_port_t *sp); int launch_activate_socket(const char *name, int **fds, size_t *cnt); DESCRIPTION
A launchd(8) job may have resources that are held on behalf of it while it is not running to facilitate launch-on-demand. These interfaces allow for the job to retrieve these resources as part of its initialization. Currently supported resource types are XPC listener connections, Mach ports, and sockets. Use of XPC with launchd(8) is documented in the xpc(3) family of manual pages. MACH PORTS
The bootstrap_check_in() routine allows for a launchd(8) job to retrieve the receive right to a Mach port that launchd(8) has created on behalf of the job. launchd(8) creates this port and advertises it in the appropriate Mach bootstrap namespace by parsing the MachServices entry of the job's launchd.plist(5). The first argument to bootstrap_check_in() should always be the bootstrap_port() global. The second argument should be the name of the service whose port you wish to retrieve, as specified as an entry in the job's MachServices dictionary. The final argument, upon successful return, will be the name of the receive right corresponding to the port that launchd(8) had advertised in the bootstrap namespace. If the job closes the receive right to the port with mach_port_mod_refs() or exits, the receive right obtained by this routine will be send back to launchd(8) rather than being closed. This allows launchd to resume advertising the same port in the Mach bootstrap namespace and frees clients from the need to re-query for the send right to that port when the job dies. SOCKETS
The launch_activate_socket() routine allows a launchd(8) job to retrieve a set of file descriptors corresponding to a socket service that launchd(8) has created and advertised on behalf of the job by parsing the Sockets entry in the job's launchd.plist(5). The first argument should be the name of the socket entry as specified in the launchd.plist(5). The second argument, upon output, will point to an array of integers whose count is filled into the third argument upon success. This array represents all the sockets that launchd(8) created corre- sponding to the entry in the job's Sockets dictionary. Depending on the properties specified, a single Sockets entry may have multiple descriptors created for it (one for IPv4 and one for IPv6, for example). This array is allocated on the heap, and it is the caller's respon- sibility to call free(3) to dispose of the memory when it is no longer needed. RETURN VALUES
If launch_activate_socket() succeeds, zero is returned. In the event of failure, a non-zero POSIX-compatible error code indicating the nature of the error is returned. This error may be decoded with strerror(3). If bootstrap_check_in() succeeds, KERN_SUCCESS is returned. In the event of failure, a non-zero error code that may be decoded with bootstrap_strerror(). ERRORS
bootstrap_check_in() will fail if: [BOOTSTRAP_UNKNOWN_SERVICE] The Mach service name specified does not exist in the caller's launchd.plist(5). [BOOTSTRAP_SERVICE_ACTIVE] The specified Mach service has already been checked in by the job. launch_activate_socket() will fail if: [ENOENT] The socket name specified does not exist in the caller's launchd.plist(5). [ESRCH] The calling process is not managed by launchd(8). [EALREADY] The specified socket has already been activated. SEE ALSO
xpc(3), xpc_connection_create(3), socket(2), launchd(8), launchd.plist(5). Darwin 31 March, 2014 Darwin