Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - maths equation - need help Post 302288747 by Anuj8584 on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 01:04:14 AM
Old 02-18-2009
Thanks Pludi for replying...But it didn help.Can anyone suggest a metho may b by pattern matching or something

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Maths

Heres a script i wrote as a bit of practise. What it does is insert a line in the middle of a file. The line being $1 and the file being $2 #!/bin/bash rm tempfile touch tempfile count=1 linenum= `wc -l < $2` if then echo $1 >> $2 else even=`expr "$linenum" % 2` if then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quesa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

equation calculation on Unix

Hay, guys, Any ideas how to calculate like this: in first file, there're number of lines listing 2+3, 6*9 ....... Then, how to get the result and put them in another file in format: 2+3 5 6*9 54 ...... sheerly by shell command, no scripts required. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbinGlasses
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK equation evaluation.

Hi, Is there a way to evaluate an equation contained in a string within an AWK script? For example: A = "(5*2)-1" (this equation is read from a file and varies line by line) In this example, I can't see any way to get an answer of 9 unless I do: cmd = "awk 'BEGIN{print "A"}'" cmd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdgeo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maths with variables

Hello, I'm trying to write a while loop for a decimal value in tcsh which I know can't be done. Instead I want my increments to be one order of magnitude too large and then divide it by 10 when I use the variable. However, I don't know how to divide my variable and set it as another. set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
1 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Performance Equation

I'm running a MPI program using a cluster of 4 machines(different machines of different processing power,cpu utilization etc.). I'm trying to balance the computation among the machine to get the minimum execution time for that. I tried to balance it by creating a threshold value by taking the load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chamila1986
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using IF statements with maths where the input is not an integer

Hi All I've made a few scripts which using GDAL extract the value of a pixel within a given raster. The purpose is to work out the combine value of every pixel. I thought there may have been an easier way to do this but alas! The code below extracts the pixel value at position X Y. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StudentFitz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple maths calculator loop.

Hi, I am trying to make a maths calculator that: 1. Prompts the user for a number. 2. Prompts the user for an operation (add, subtract, divide or multiply) 3. Prompts the user for a number. 4. Prompts the user for another operation (same as above) OR the option to get the result for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnthebaptist
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maths in shell scripts

Hi, Need help on this. I need to increment a variable by 1 but retain as 2 characters. I am using expr to do additions: NEWSERIAL=`expr $SERIAL + 1` $SERIAL can range from 01-99. After adding "1", I need the result to be 2 characters, eg: 02+1 = 03. By default expr will truncate the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with insert a value equation in bash script

HI All, I have a script in bash that i want that script will perform action When the size of a particular folder exceeds the 80%. Here is an example of script that result is exactly 80% : #!/bin/bash CHECK=$(df -h /var/log/syslog | grep '80%' | xargs echo | cut -d' ' -f5) if ];... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aviel.shani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the constant e to 14+ decimal places using integer maths.

Hi guys... I am loving this integer maths thing. 64 bit systems are certainly easier than 32 bit, but hey, I don't intend to leave out my fav' platform. Using one of the 'Brothers' methods, URL inside the code. #!/bin/sh # # #!/usr/local/bin/dash # e_constant.sh # Brother's formula . #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)