Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX error 1000: Unexpected symbol Post 302288742 by junaid.nehvi on Wednesday 18th of February 2009 12:25:53 AM
Old 02-18-2009
VBE:
i tried to compile my code with -Ae option but errors are still comming, i am pasting a few.

$ cc -Ae -D CONVERTERFLAG -o OBJ_FILE converter.c
cc: "converter.c", line 1139: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "{".
cc: "converter.c", line 1165: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "else".
cc: "converter.c", line 1175: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.
cc: "converter.c", line 1185: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.
cc: "converter.c", line 1185: warning 563: Argument #1 is not the correct type.
cc: "converter.c", line 1185: error 1594: The sizeof operator cannot be applied to types with unknown size.
cc: "converter.c", line 1204: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.
cc: "converter.c", line 1216: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.
cc: "converter.c", line 1226: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.
cc: "converter.c", line 1226: warning 563: Argument #1 is not the correct type.
cc: "converter.c", line 1226: error 1594: The sizeof operator cannot be applied to types with unknown size.
cc: "converter.c", line 1239: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.
cc: "converter.c", line 1253: error 1588: "newstrValue" undefined.

i really can't understand where the problem is in the code.

JIM:
Please can you tell me which compiler i can get installed so that i can compile the code sucessfully.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by junaid.nehvi; 02-18-2009 at 01:41 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Error - Symbol Resolution Failed

Hi All, I am trying to run sqlplus on my AIX 5L box but following errors are thrown: $ sqlplus exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sqlplus because of the following errors: 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for /usr/lib/libc.a because: 0509-136 Symbol kaio_rdwr64 (number 0)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
5 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

4. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

5. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error : Syntax error: redirection unexpected

My script is throwing the error 'Syntax error: redirection unexpected' My line of code.. cat nsstatustest.html | sed s/<tr><td align="left">/<tr><td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"><font color="white">/ > ztmp.Ps23zp2s.2-Fpps3-wmmm0dss3 HTML tags are getting in the way but they're needed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job : unexpected symbol

Hello Experts, I am trying to setup a crontab with 2 jobs but getting the familiar error 0481-079 Reached a symbol that is not expected I would like to know if the below code is the only way to show a fixed interval. Don't we have something more efficient. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
2 Replies

8. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

9. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
XtRegisterCaseConverter()												 XtRegisterCaseConverter()

Name
  XtRegisterCaseConverter - register a case converter.

Synopsis
  void XtRegisterCaseConverter(display, proc, start, stop)
	 Display *display;
	 XtCaseProc proc;
	 KeySym start;
	 KeySym stop;

Inputs
  display   Specifies the display from which the key events are to come.

proc	    Specifies the XtCaseProc that is to do the conversions.

start     Specifies the first keysym for which this converter is valid.

stop	    Specifies the last keysym for which this converter is valid.

Description
  XtRegisterCaseConverter()  registers	proc  with the Intrinsics as a procedure to be called in order to determine the correct uppercase and
  lowercase versions of any keysyms between start and stop inclusive.  The registered converter overrides any previous converters  registered
  in that range.

See XtCaseProc(2) for a description of how to write a case converter procedure.

Usage
  The  Translation Manager uses case converters as part of its keycode-to-keysym translation process.  The default converter understands case
  conversion for all keysyms defined in the X11 protocol.  You will probably never need to register a case converter unless you  are  working
  with non-standard keysyms.

The only way to remove a converter is to register a new one, perhaps an "identity" converter which performs no conversion at all.

The registered case converters are invoked by the translation manager, and can also be explicitly called with the function XtConvertCase().

Structures
     typedef XID KeySym;

See Also
  XtConvertCase(1), XtGetKeysymTable(1), XtKeysymToKeycodeList(1), XtSetKeyTranslator(1), XtTranslateKeycode(1),
  XtCaseProc(2), XtKeyProc(2).

Xt - Keyboard Handling													 XtRegisterCaseConverter()