Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining Post 302287025 by vgersh99 on Thursday 12th of February 2009 02:18:28 PM
Old 02-12-2009
Code:
sed '/feedthru_pin/ s#.*#!!&#' infile > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Last occurance of another pattern when a pattern is found.

Hi, I have two files viz, rak1: $ cat rak1 rak2: $ cat rak2 sdiff rak1 rak2 returns: I want the lines that got modified, changed, or deleted preceding with the section they are in. I have done this so far: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert new pattern in newline after the nth occurrence of a line pattern - Bash in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi, I am getting crazy after days on looking at it: Bash in Ubuntu 12.04.1 I want to do this: pattern="system /path1/file1 file1" new_pattern=" data /path2/file2 file2" file to edit: data.db - I need to search in the file data.db for the nth occurrence of pattern - pattern must... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert certain field of matched pattern line above pattern

Hello every, I am stuck in a problem. I have file like this. I want to add the fifth field of the match pattern line above the lines starting with "# @D". The delimiter is "|" eg > # @D0.00016870300|0.05501020000|12876|12934|3||Qp||Pleistocene||"3 Qp Pleistocene"|Q # @P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
INSTR(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS							  INSTR(3)

NAME
instr - find an occurence of a string in a string, starting at a specified character. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" char *instr(s, find, from) char *s, *find, from; PARAMETERS
s Pointer to the string to be searched for the pattern find Pointer to the string to be found, the pattern from Character to be searched backwards before searching for the pattern DESCRIPTION
instr searches the first occurence of the string find in the string s, starting its search at the last occurence of the from character in the string s. If either s or find is NULL, the function returns NULL. If from is (char)0, the pattern is searched from the begining of s. This quite exotic behaviour is useful to search the occurence of a name in a string resulting from a flatten, when only a terminal object name is to be taken into account. RETURN VALUES
instr return NULL either if the pattern find is not present in the searched string s, or if one at least of these two string are NULL. If the pattern is found, a value different from NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" /* check for the pattern 'ck' anywhere in the string */ #define contains_ck(name)instr(name, "ck", ' ') /* check for the pattern 'ck' in the signal name, not instance ones */ #define isclock(ptsig) instr(getsigname(ptsig), "ck", SEPAR) SEE ALSO
mbk(1), isvdd(3), isvss(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INSTR(3)