Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to export a unix file to txt file? Post 302286081 by avronius on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 09:53:04 AM
Old 02-10-2009
There's always:
Code:
unix2dos filename filename.txt

Then use winscp to copy it to your Wintel box

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export data file from Unix

Hi, I am searching a way to export data file on Unix to SQL server on a daily bases. Any one has any ideas? Thanks in advance! (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to takes the old data from a TXT file and compress them into new file

Hi, I am looking for the unix script which can takes the 2 month old data from a TXT file (there is one txt file in whiche messages are appended on daily basis) and compress them into new file.Please halp me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the first column from the txt file using unix command?

Hi All, I have the file like this (file name is : tem_text) no Id name ccy ------- ---- ------------------- -------- 7777 17 India Overseas Partners 500INR I want to retreive the third colimn of from the above text file if i use the basic awk command cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a .log file into .txt file under unix??

Hi Friends, I have a .log file generated from a tool(Windows PC) which can be opened using a notepad, but when I tried to view the file in unix (cygwin on my laptop) the file type is showing as binary file, So I am unable to process the file. I need to extract some of the selected text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from DB2 table to .txt file(space delimited)

Hi I need help on this. Its very urgent for me.. please try to help me out.. I have data in tables in DB2 database. I would like to export the data from DB2 tables into a text file, which has to be space delimited. so that I can carry out awk, grep operations on that file. I tried to export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export SQL results to .TXT file for emailing

Hi everyone, I am new to unix and bash and in need of some help. I am writing a script that will execute a SQL query. The script runs and the SQl query runs, but I cannot figure out how to save the results as a file that can be emailed to a user. Here is my scripts thus far: #!/bin/sh SID=$1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpinescott
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format txt file in UNIX

Hello All, I have File_all.txt which have content as below Volume in drive E is Data Volume Serial Number is 586D-6932 Directory of E:\mydi2\siudfor\TFG058 03/27/2014 09:59 PM 5,569 FX\FX01 my4_pg4_MON_20140327_C.zip 1 File(s) 5,569 bytes ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar30213
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export hive table data to a file on local UNIX?

Hi All , I am stuck on the below situation.I have a table called "test" which are created on hive.I need to export the data from hive to a file(test.txt) on local unix system.I have tried the below command ,but its giving the exception . hive -e "select * from test " > /home/user/test.txt ; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: STCET22
1 Replies
read-notepad(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   read-notepad(1)

NAME
read-notepad - Connect to the Palm handheld device and list the record information found in the Notepad application. Alternately, if no options are given, each record's image will be converted to files, using Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) format. The default type is ppm. SYNOPSIS
read-notepad -p <port> --list --type <type> DESCRIPTION
read-notepad allows a PalmOS 4.0 or later user to read the data stored in the Palm Notepad application and extract the data into images and convert them to Portable Network Graphics (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) files. OPTIONS -p --port <port> Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If both are not found, will fall back to /dev/pilot. -h --help Display help synopsis for read-notepad -v --version Display version of read-notepad -l --list List picture information found on the device instead of converting them to image files -t --type <type> Specify the output picture type. Can be either "png" or "ppm". USAGE
The program will connect to the target Palm handheld device, and list or convert the records and images found in the Palm Notepad applica- tion to Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) files. KNOWN BUGS
read-notepad has no known bugs. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
read-notepad was written by Angus Ainslie <angusa@deltatee.com>. Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools read-notepad(1)