Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: threading problem
Top Forums Programming threading problem Post 302286064 by lagigliaivan on Tuesday 10th of February 2009 09:17:09 AM
Old 02-10-2009
Hi vishy_85

The code seems to be good, but unfortunately I don't know to much about HP-UX, but you could try running the threads one by one in order to narrow down the problem.

This code works fine in a i386 architecture.

bye.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About threading

hai is unix a multithreading environment or multitasking environment? which one exist in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

2. Programming

Multi-threading questions

I've been doing some reading lately about threading (Posix threads) and I'm really curious about a couple things that I've read. I'm not sure if many people here have threading experience, but I thought it would be nice to be able to discuss some questions about it. (For the record, I did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
1 Replies

3. Programming

Multi threading using fork

Hi, I have written a code which will run a set of process using fork. I want to know from You how can i start another job when one of my job in my loop is completed My code is #include<stdio.h> #include<ctype.h> main() { int pid,cid; ChildProcess(); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshraju_ma
1 Replies

4. Programming

Regarding Multi-Threading

Hi All, Here's my question I have a 385 MB file containing 5,000,000 records. I need to read from the file and load into a table. Initially i thought of doing it in a single thread (execution of a single program) but when calculated accounted 16 hours of time on a standard benchmark. Hence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Threading...

Sorry, i may be posting the wrong question in this forum... but just curious, suppose we have a set of pre-emptively scheduled processes. A process, B, is multi-threaded with user-level thread scheduling. If one of the threads has a long calculation before making a thread library call, does this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianlow
2 Replies

6. Programming

Multi threading?

I am not sure if multi threading is the correct term, but here is what I am trying to do. I have a while loop that displays the number 1, pauses, displays the number 2, pauses , displays the number 3 ad infinitum. It just keeps counting. While the screen displays the sequence of numbers counting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
4 Replies

7. Programming

Threading Segmentation fault

Hello All, I am getting segmentation fault after the following lien when I try to run my datagram socket server program using threads: if((n= recvfrom(rec, buf, 1024, 0, (struct sockaddr *)&from_addr, &Size)) < 0) I am not able to figure out what exactly is causing the problem. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
9 Replies

8. Programming

Multi-threading

Hi, If we create 10 threads to invoke runQuery method at same time, Will queryProcessor will be overriden sometime or 10 different copies will be created? We are not using any sunchronzation mechnism in runQuery(). so there is not gurantee on QueryProcessor class variables right OR each 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

9. Programming

Multi-threading

In this piece i implemented the gossip method. The first thread is invoked from inside the (msg is first sent from node -1 to 0 from main()) and the other threads are invoked from inside of the thread function itself. I used two mutexes and a condition variable to control the synchronization. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Threading in unix

Hii all, Is there any way to use thread scripting in unix.?? i.e. running multiple command at same time ? Thankss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)