Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running a command on multiple selected files in nautilus script Post 302285370 by Nickbowlingdude on Sunday 8th of February 2009 10:21:14 PM
Old 02-08-2009
Thank You

Thanks so much for the help! I modified my code to make a normal shell file instead of a nautilus script and ended up with this
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd "/home/nick/Desktop/Dose Files"
for file in *.drg
do
drg2sbg "$file" -o "$file".sbg
sbagen -Wo "/home/nick/Desktop/I-Doser Wave Files/"$file"" "$file".sbg
rm "$file".sbg
done
cd "/home/nick/Desktop/I-Doser Wave Files"
rename 's/\.drg$/\.wav/' *.drg

and just put the files i want to convert in /home/nick/Desktop/Dose Files. Thanks for the help those few commands were exactly what i needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple rsh command in a script

hi scripting experts, juz wondering if it's possible to have multiple rsh command in a single script? :confused: ie: rsh -l <username> "<command>" rsh -l <username> "<command>" thanks. regards, wee :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple command in same line

I have 5 hosts and each host as 3 java process .I have one machine which has ssh keys so it can login without any passwords etc to all the machines. How can I find out say jstack or some command so it goes to each machine and run the command . For example machine 1 has 3 java process and they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating selected lines of multiple files

Hi, I would like a shell script that reads all files in a directory and concatenate them. It is not a simple concatenation. The first few lines of the files should not be included. The lines to be included are the lines from where 'START HERE' appears up to the end of the file. For example, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find and email selected files

I am trying to come up with a script that will search for selected files and then email them to me. For example, say I have a directory that has the following files: AA_doug.txt AA_andy.txt BB_john.txt APPLE_mike.txt GLOBE_ed.txt GLOBE_tony.txt TOTAL_carl.txt what is the best way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coach5779
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple files through shell script with a variable

Ok, so this question is probably much easier than I'm making it, and thus why I've spent almost 2 hours now on this :wall:. I'm trying to use a command that reads out specific data from a file and and saves it to another file. The code is only a few lines, and here it is below: #!/bin/csh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysterionRises
4 Replies

6. Debian

Debian Sparc 6.0.3: multiple Nautilus file manager process

Hi, I would like to ask some assistance about my new install sparc64 debian 6.0.3 in a sun blade 150 Hardware.i having this problem in a nautilus file manager in the below panel, it keeps open and closing (multiple file manager process starting and dying) this in result of 100 percent cpu load,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple command in a single line

Hi Can we run the linux command and per script in a single command $ cd /usr/local/adm/ ;ctsv scmtest_qabuild ;cspec.pl scmtest This is a combination of linux and clearcase command and last one is perl script with argument. I can see the first and 2nd coomand is executing but last... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launching Nautilus with a set of files ??

Hello , I am trying to create a layer of file-tagging trough bash scripting and tlc/tk . I have almost everything ready only needs to be able to launch nautilus (the gnome file manager) with a regular expresion; when searching information in internet with "script and nautilus", i only find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command for multiple folders at once

Hi I have folders 1 to 24 (24 folders in total) and inside those folders I have the same file names. I have a command that I want to run but rather than do it individually I was wondering if there is a command to run them all at once. Thanks Phil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read in Multiple log files and output selected variables and values to cvs file

I have several problems with my problems: I hope you can help me. 1) the If else statement I am getting an error message. My syntax must be incorrect because the entire statement is throwing an error. For example in filew.log if these items don't exist Memsize, SASFoundation and also if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies
chatwidget(n)					      Composite widget for chat applications					     chatwidget(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
chatwidget - Provides a multi-paned view suitable for display of chat room or irc channel information SYNOPSIS
package require Tk 8.5 package require chatwidget ?1.0.0? ::chatwidget::chatwidget path ?options? $widget topic command args $widget name nick args $widget message text args $widget hook command args $widget names args $widget entry args $widget chat args _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This is a composite widget designed to simplify the construction of chat applications. The widget contains display areas for chat messages, user names and topic and an entry area. It automatically handles colourization of messages per nick and manages nick completion. A system of hooks permit the application author to adjust display features. The main chat display area may be split for use displaying history or for searching. The widget is made up of a number of text widget and panedwindow widgets so that the size of each part of the display may be adjusted by the user. All the text widgets may be accessed via widget passthrough commands if fine adjustment is required. The topic and names sections can also be hidden if desired. COMMANDS
::chatwidget::chatwidget path ?options? Create a new chatwidget using the Tk window id path. Any options provided are currently passed directly to the main chat text wid- get. WIDGET COMMANDS
$widget topic command args The chat widget can display a topic string, for instance the topic or name given to a multi-user chatroom or irc channel. show Enable display of the topic. hide Disable display of the topic set topic Set the topic text to topic. $widget name nick args Control the names and tags associated with names. list ?-full? Returns a list of all the user names from the names view. If ?-full? is given then the list returned is a list of lists where each sublist is made up of the nick followed by any options that have been set on this nick entry. This may be used to exam- ine any application specific options that may be applied to a nick when using the add command. add nick ?options? delete nick $widget message text args Add messages to the display. options are -nick, -time, -type, -mark -tags $widget hook command args Manage hooks. add (message, post names_group, names_nick, chatstate), remove, run $widget names args Passthrough to the name display text widget. See the text widget manual for all available commands. The chatwidget provides two additional commands show and hide which are used to control the display of this element in the widget. $widget entry args Passthrough to the entry text widget. See the text widget manual for all available commands. $widget chat args Passthrough to the chat text widget. See the text widget manual for all available commands. EXAMPLE
chatwidget::chatwidget .chat proc speak {w msg} {$w message $msg -nick user} pack .chat -side top -fill both -expand 1 A more extensive example is available by examining the code for the picoirc program in the tclapps repository which ties the tcllib picoirc package to this chatwidget package to create a simple irc client. SEE ALSO
text(n) KEYWORDS
chat, chatwidget, composite widget, irc, mega-widget, widget chatwidget 1.0.0 chatwidget(n)