Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need help in IF condition!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help in IF condition!! Post 302285173 by raghav1982 on Saturday 7th of February 2009 02:49:22 PM
Old 02-07-2009
Just need a quick info on this . if we need to break exit 1 or exit 0 will work instead of exit 99

Thanks!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition ...

i have following if condition if above statement is case sensitive.....what is syntax if i have to make above comparision case insensetive (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

Hi friends, :) In a shell script i found the following if condition. echo -n "Which version of $1 do you want to restore ('0' to quit)? : " read desired if ${desired:=1} -ge $index ] ; then echo "$0: Restore canceled by user: index value too big." >&2 exit 1 fi Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if..else condition

i have a paramter data_date in which i am passing a string value.i want to find out another paramter file_date from this.the logic is given below if day of data_date = sunday or monday then file_date=data_date-1 else file_date=data_date-2 i am passing data_date as 20061027. how can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Condition

Hi, I am trying to execute this command, but is it not working, says "`;' unexpected" eval $lgrep $SAM_CMD ; if ; then ; echo "No Error" ; fi What i want is, return the command output, if it is non zero, say "No Error". Thanks, John. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
21 Replies

5. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

if chr1:109457160 1 109457160 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457233 1 109457233 99.1735537190083 - chr1:109457614 1 109457614 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457618 1 109457618 100 + chr1:109457943 1 109457943 100 - chr1:109458224 1 109458224 99.1735537190083 - file1.txt If 6th column in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IF [ condition ] help

Hi all Unix newbie - please be gentle Am modifying an existing script to error trap a variable with a length of 0 #!/bin/bash ipfile='/var/data/bin/ipaddress' ] && ipold="$(< "$ipfile" )" ipnew="$( wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //;s/<.*$//' )" #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRChamberlain
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if condition

o/p of my command is given below My requirement is if Pnumber is 0 then stabilization.Build.2013 else stabilization.PBuild.2013.3 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
11 Replies
_lwp_cond_signal(2)						   System Calls 					       _lwp_cond_signal(2)

NAME
_lwp_cond_signal, _lwp_cond_broadcast - signal a condition variable SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/lwp.h> int _lwp_cond_signal(lwp_cond_t *cvp); int _lwp_cond_broadcast(lwp_cond_t *cvp); DESCRIPTION
The _lwp_cond_signal() function unblocks one LWP that is blocked on the LWP condition variable pointed to by cvp. The _lwp_cond_broadcast() function unblocks all LWPs that are blocked on the LWP condition variable pointed to by cvp. If no LWPs are blocked on the LWP condition variable, then _lwp_cond_signal() and _lwp_cond_broadcast() have no effect. Both functions should be called under the protection of the same LWP mutex lock that is used with the LWP condition variable being sig- naled. Otherwise, the condition variable may be signalled between the test of the associated condition and blocking in _lwp_cond_wait(). This can cause an infinite wait. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. A non-zero value indicates an error. ERRORS
The _lwp_cond_signal() and _lwp_cond_broadcast() functions will fail if: EINVAL The cvp argument points to an invalid LWP condition variable. EFAULT The cvp argument points to an invalid address. SEE ALSO
_lwp_cond_wait(2), _lwp_mutex_lock(2) SunOS 5.11 8 Dec 1995 _lwp_cond_signal(2)