Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: keeping systems updated
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat keeping systems updated Post 302284802 by lemac on Friday 6th of February 2009 10:49:11 AM
Old 02-06-2009
i agree with above make a central repro but depends on the number of servers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping the format ...

Hi all, Am trying to execute a loop but having some troubles... Files that will be query'd use the Julian date (eg: cpu032, cpu365) in their naming convention. I'm a little lost how to maintain the three character format of the numeric portion of the file name while cycling backwards(or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
13 Replies

2. Solaris

keeping history of command

hi can anyone tell me how or where to set to enable history of command keyed in to be logged? so that it can be used or traced later. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

house keeping script

Hi, I am not aware whether any one has posted this early or not. I am creating a house keeping script in which I give the user two options: 1. creating a zip file. 2. removing all files given by user. Before taking any action I am asking user to enter full path of file or files to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Bhat
7 Replies

4. AIX

Script Keeping Track of Itself

Hi All We have a WEB Based application running on the IBM AIX server. There is a EOD Job which runs a UNIX script containing EOD Jobs. Say If any job fails then we have to explicitly comment out the jobs which were successfully executed and then re run the same. Is there any was by which we... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
7 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Keeping old Private Messages

I am getting a warning that "Your PM box is 92% full." I have received (and kept) 46 messages; the upper limit is 50 messages. Is there a way to increase this limit, or to store the messages off-line in a way that would permit me to import them back to the site if I want to? 50 messages seems... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: era
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping last part

Hello, Sorry for the poor tilte but I still don't know how to this. Here is my problem. I have to huge log file. In this log file I can know where is stored all my files. As I have to get a reporting of of files I only need to keep the file name but I don't know how to do it. I hope you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping the number intact

Currently I have the following to separate the numeric values. However the decimal point get separated. ls -lrt *smp*.cmd | awk '{print $NF}' | sed 's/^.*\///' | sed 's/\(*\)/ & /g' As an example on the files n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.50-dc0.05-4x3smp.cmd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace some strings keeping others

I want to replace strings in test2 according to test1 table. In doing so, I`m losing records that I dont need to replace, please suggest modifications. what i have $ cat > test1 a b c d   $ cat > test2 a a a d d   what i tried $ awk ' BEGIN {FS=OFS=" "} FNR==NR{a=$2;next}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies
yum(8)																	    yum(8)

NAME
yum - Yellowdog Updater Modified shell SYNOPSIS
yum shell [filename] DESCRIPTION
yum includes an interactive shell for conducting multiple commands or sets of commands during a single execution of yum. These commands can be issued manually or passed to yum from a file. The commands are much the same as the normal yum command line options. See here yum(8) for that information. There are a few additional commands documented below. config [argument] [value] args: debuglevel, errorlevel, obsoletes, gpgcheck, assumeyes, exclude If no value is given it prints the current value. If value is given it sets that value. repo [argument] [option] list: lists repositories and their status enable: enable repositories. option = repository id disable: disable repositories. option = repository id transaction [argument] list: lists the contents of the transaction reset: reset (zero-out) the transaction solve: run the dependency solver on the transaction run: run the transaction Examples The following are examples of using the yum shell. list available packagename* groupinfo 'Some Group' install foo remove bar update baz run That will list available packages matching the glob 'packagename*'. It will return information on the group 'Some Group' It will then queue the following commands into the transaction: install foo, remove bar, update baz. Then the 'run' command will resolve dependencies for the transaction commands and run the transaction. SEE ALSO
yum (8) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, they should be sent to the mailing list: yum@lists.baseurl.org or filed in bugzilla. Seth Vidal yum(8)