Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX "too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script Post 302284392 by jerardfjay on Thursday 5th of February 2009 12:05:07 PM
Old 02-05-2009
"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi,

This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these happen there is not much activity going on and the errors seem to eventually go away since the scripts which are getting these types of errors are scheduled to run from TWS (maestro) and run all day long. They run just fine during the peak hours of acitivity on the box. Can someone tell me what to check or do for these types of errors.

Code:
 vmstat
System Configuration: lcpu=5 mem=14336MB

Code:
 oslevel

Code:
AAA.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/AAA.sh[277]: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-013 There is not enough memory available to run the command.
AAA.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/AAA.sh[278]: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-013 There is not enough memory available to run the command.
AAA.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/AAA.sh[279]: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-013 There is not enough memory available to run the command.
AAA.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/AAA.sh[287]: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-013 There is not enough memory available to run the command.

XXXXX.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/XXXXX.sh[106]: /usr/bin/grep: too big
XXXXX.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/XXXXX.sh[124]: /usr/bin/grep: too big
XXXXX.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/XXXXX.sh[124]: /usr/bin/wc: too big
XXXXX.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/XXXXX.sh[129]: /usr/bin/ls: too big
XXXXX.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/XXXXX.sh[130]: /usr/bin/wc: too big

YYYYY.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/YYYYY.sh[107]: /usr/bin/grep: too big
YYYYY.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/YYYYY.sh[125]: /usr/bin/wc: too big
YYYYY.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/YYYYY.sh[125]: /usr/bin/grep: too big
YYYYY.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/YYYYY.sh[130]: /usr/bin/ls: too big
YYYYY.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/YYYYY.sh[131]: /usr/bin/cat: too big

ZZZZZ.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/ZZZZZ.sh[107]: /usr/bin/grep: too big
ZZZZZ.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/ZZZZZ.sh[125]: /usr/bin/wc: too big
ZZZZZ.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/ZZZZZ.sh[125]: /usr/bin/grep: too big
ZZZZZ.sh_20090203.log:/entH/bin/ZZZZZ.sh[130]: /usr/bin/ls: too big

Please advise.
Thanks
Jerardfjay

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
lp-shell(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lp-shell(1)

NAME
lp-shell - Open an interactive launchpadlib shell. SYNOPSIS
lp-shell [-a] [-cPROGRAM] [--python] [--ipython] [service] [LP API version] DESCRIPTION
lp-shell opens an interactive Python shell with a launchpadlib.Launchpad object "lp" which is ready for use. It authenticates against Launchpad with the consumer name "udt-lp-shell". When using lp-shell with the -a option it will use the anonymous login from launchpadlib.Launchpad. By default lp-shell connects to the "production" Launchpad service using the "1.0" LP API version. If you want to connect to another Launchpad service, call lp-shell with the service name as the second argument. lp-shell supports all ser- vices known by launchpadlib Python module. Currently known are (list can be incomplete or outdated): "production", "staging", "dogfood". A different LP API version can be selected by passing the API version to use as the third argument. Current supported are: "beta", "1.0" and "devel". OPTIONS
-a Login anonymously into Launchpad. -c PROGRAM Don't enter a shell but only run the specified Python program and exit. --ipython Use an ipython shell if available (default). --python Use a regular python shell. AUTHORS
lp-shell was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later version. lptools 27 March 2010 lp-shell(1)