Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP group failure when gateway not detected Post 302283779 by incredible on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 03:48:48 AM
Old 02-04-2009
how abt your other interface?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

is the MASF agent send traps on IPMP failure?

who is responsible for sending traps if in the IPMP group one nic is failed? is it something that we need to configure manualy or it's automatic configured when u install the masf agent? (solaris 10, on Netra210, masf 1.5.3) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaybery
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Ipmp

Hi All, Kindly help me in configuring IPMP or guid me to some link, tried goggling however no luck. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

4. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

7. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies

9. Solaris

IPMP group failed on Solaris 9

Hi, I have Solaris-9 server, V240. I got alert that one of the interface on IPMP configuration, is failed. Found that two IPs (192.168.120.32 and 192.168.120.35) are not pingable from this server. These two IPs were plumbed on another server and that is decommissioned now. That is the reason,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
if_nametoindex(3SOCKET) 				     Sockets Library Functions					   if_nametoindex(3SOCKET)

NAME
if_nametoindex, if_indextoname, if_nameindex, if_freenameindex - routines to map Internet Protocol network interface names and interface indexes SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsocket [ library... ] #include <net/if.h> unsigned int if_nametoindex(const char *ifname); char *if_indextoname(unsigned int ifindex, char *ifname); struct if_nameindex *if_nameindex(void) void if_freenameindex(struct if_nameindex *ptr); PARAMETERS
ifname interface name ifindex interface index ptr pointer returned by if_nameindex() DESCRIPTION
This API defines two functions that map between an Internet Protocol network interface name and index, a third function that returns all the interface names and indexes, and a fourth function to return the dynamic memory allocated by the previous function. Network interfaces are normally known by names such as eri0, sl1, ppp2, and the like. The ifname argument must point to a buffer of at least IF_NAMESIZE bytes into which the interface name corresponding to the specified index is returned. IF_NAMESIZE is defined in <net/if.h> and its value includes a terminating null byte at the end of the interface name. if_nametoindex() The if_nametoindex() function returns the interface index corresponding to the interface name pointed to by the ifname pointer. If the specified interface name does not exist, the return value is 0, and errno is set to ENXIO. If there was a system error, such as running out of memory, the return value is 0 and errno is set to the proper value, for example, ENOMEM. if_indextoname() The if_indextoname() function maps an interface index into its corresponding name. This pointer is also the return value of the function. If there is no interface corresponding to the specified index, NULL is returned, and errno is set to ENXIO, if there was a system error, such as running out of memory, if_indextoname() returns NULL and errno would be set to the proper value, for example, ENOMEM. if_nameindex() The if_nameindex() function returns an array of if_nameindex structures, one structure per interface. The if_namein- dex structure holds the information about a single interface and is defined when the <net/if.h> header is included: struct if_nameindex unsigned int if_index; /* 1, 2, ... */ char *if_name; /* "net0", ... */ }; While any IPMP IP interfaces are returned by if_nameindex(), the underlying IP interfaces that comprise each IPMP group are not returned. The end of the array of structures is indicated by a structure with an if_index of 0 and an if_name of NULL. The function returns a null pointer upon an error and sets errno to the appropriate value. The memory used for this array of structures along with the interface names pointed to by the if_name members is obtained dynamically. This memory is freed by the if_freenameindex() function. if_freenameindex() The if_freenameindex() function frees the dynamic memory that was allocated by if_nameindex(). The argument to this function must be a pointer that was returned by if_nameindex(). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), if_nametoindex(3XNET), attributes(5), if(7P) SunOS 5.11 28 Jan 2009 if_nametoindex(3SOCKET)