Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX All exisiting connections from AIX 5.3 Post 302283769 by ajeeb on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 03:23:41 AM
Old 02-04-2009
As the man pages for the NETSTAT command says that it displays information about all the active connections and not also the inactive ones. Say I have a server1 which has outgoing connections to server2 and server3. Server1 & server2 are up and running but server3 is presently down. So, running the netstat command on server1 will give me information about the connections to server2 but not to server3. Is there anyway (say a file in server1) which has an entry for all the connections ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Establishing connections

Hello there, just a quick question.....Can someone please explain the concept that enables you to establish a connection using the same userId Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX: X connections...?

Hello All, I have 2 qries about X connections on HP-UX : 1.How/where to determine whether "X connections" to the server are controlled. 2. How/where to determine whether "X11 connection" are tunnelled via ssh. 3. How/where to determine the "Time in minutes before unattended X terminals... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhayh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with connections

Hello everybody, Look, im having problems with connections from other server, i must recieve maximus 5 connections from the other server, when I run 'netstat -A | grep <THE_OTHER_SERVER_IP>' I can see how many connections I have already established, but when they open another connection, i mean... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create new user with exisiting "id"

How can I change a user account to reflect the same "id" as another account? for example user test has an id of 2003 user test2 has a id of 2989 I want to change user test2 to have an id of 2003 Thanks Mark (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

max connections aix

Sir's, the problem is i have script and 1 user in different 30 servers that ssh to our main server at the same time. Then after that may account automatically locked. I dont know what is the reason, is it the max connection of 1 user using ssh. Pls help. How to fix this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append to exisiting file on same line.

File Format ABC|ABC|ABC| need to add another text after last | which would a unix command output. ---------- Post updated at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:45 PM ---------- wc -l file| awk '{print $1}' | sed 's/$//' >> existingfile It still adds to new line (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
4 Replies

7. AIX

connections on server

I am using AIX 5.3, its a application server, i am giving the support of OS & Hardware only, now i want to check how many connections are connected to my server, means how many people using my server.:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

See AIX server remote connections

Good morning, Is there any command to view remote conxiones an AIX server? Thank you very much and best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: systemoper
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. Programming

MYSQL merge csv data with exisiting table

I have a MYSQL table with demographic data. The addresses contained in the table were entered manually before the advent of online postcode lookup software and, hence, there are a lot of errors when using automated online mailing checking software. I plan to export the data as csv file for a 3rd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
1 Replies
GENTEST(1)							    Test Suite								GENTEST(1)

NAME
gentest - Run random generic SMB operations against two SMB servers and show the differences in behavior SYNOPSIS
gentest {//server1/share1} {//server2/share2} {-U user%pass} {-U user%pass} [-s seed] [-o numops] [-a] [-A] [-i FILE] [-O] [-S FILE] [-L] [-F] [-C] [-X] DESCRIPTION
gentest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour between SMB servers. It will run a random set of generic operations against //server1/share1 and then the same random set against //server2/share2 and display the differences in the responses it gets. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter is mandatory and has to be specified twice. -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -o numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -A Backtrack to find minimal number of operations required to make the response to a certain call differ. -i FILE Specify a file containing the names of fields that have to be ignored (such as time fields). See below for a description of the file format. -O Enable oplocks. -S FILE Set preset seeds file. The default is gentest_seeds.dat. -L Use preset seeds -F Fast reconnect (just close files) -C Continuous analysis mode -X Analyse even when the test succeeded. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. gentest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 GENTEST(1)