Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to set timeout?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to set timeout? Post 302282750 by cfajohnson on Sunday 1st of February 2009 09:13:26 PM
Old 02-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uativan
I replaced the "ftp -n -i -v ip" code to "ncftp -u user -p pass ip"
I want to list out the files of the folder from remote ftp
Before I use "ls . folders" to save the list to a local text file and then manipulate it.

Any other method to list out the files in folders and pass to a parameter?

To list the files, use ncftpls. You can redirect the output to a file or use command substitution to save them in a variable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set timeout for aix?

if a user login and never shutdown or exit...how do you set an automatic shutdown or timeout if the user leave the session on for 20 minutes? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichiro
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to set the timeout for the client

The scenerio is: 1. A server listens on a port number 2. If the server is down and the Client tries to connect 3. How to set the timeout for the client Detailed explaination: In a client server architecture over a TCP/IP, normally the server is started first which waits and listens for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilpi_gup
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set timeout for ssh prompt

Hi all, I want to set a timeout say 10 sec to shh prompt i.e. if no password is enetered for 10 sec prompt should again come to shell. How can this be achieved ?? I am using Linux RHEL 5 and Solaris 10. Pls help. Thanks in adv. VIKAS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to set a timeout for rpcinfo?

I've created a script that checks the health of a piece of equipment out in the field by first establishing that it is pingable, and then parsing log files to gather information. Today I realized that there are times where the equipment may be pingable, and will not show any immediate issues in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set Net:SSH:Expect timeout and set it again.

SSHing into a machine can take a few seconds, but after I'm in, the commands return quickly. I was wondering if the timeout setting can be changed once I'm logged into the machine. Does anyone know if this can be set on the fly? The problem here is, if I have to set timeout = 10, it'll take 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

6. AIX

Set timeout value for ssh session to HMC?

Friends, Could anyone let me know - how to set the timeout value for ssh session to HMC? My HMC version is -- V7R7.4.0. I'm sure the version doesn't have anything to do with it. Thanks, -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to set the screensaver timeout on Red Hat?

How is it possible to set the screensaver timeout on red hat. For solaris I understand it is : for file in /usr/dt/config/*/sys.resources; do dir=`dirname $file | sed s/usr/etc/` mkdir -p $dir echo 'dtsession*saverTimeout: 10' >>$dir/sys.resources echo 'dtsession*lockTimeout: 10'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set timeout for dev/tcp while checking hostname and port?

I have a command to check the status of hostname and port number, echo > /dev/tcp/hostname/80 echo $? 0 success case echo > /dev/tcp/hostname/809999 I got the output ------------------- connection timed out It took almost 4 minutes to time out,,, how can I set it to 10 seconds? my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
2 Replies

9. Linux

Is it possible to set timeout on Linux screen session

Hello friends, I work on Linux servers via SSH (putty) and run "screen" to preserve my sessions so I can attach/detach them at anytime I wish without losing the connectivity/process disruption which is working perfectly fine. As my team members also have root access to those servers, it is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
7 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)