Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Installing ports upon FreeBSD install Post 302282297 by RealFreeBSDTips on Friday 30th of January 2009 01:13:50 PM
Old 01-30-2009
cvsup or portsnap to grab the latest ports tree, then its just a matter of "make install"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a modem on a serial accelerator ports

I had been using a modem installed on a Digi accelerator port to dial in to an SCO open server r5 server. On monday it quit working and I realy don't know how it was installed and configured. I have tested the modem on a PC and it works. The port the modem is connected to is ttyB06 and I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD ports

working with FreeBSD 4.5 learning the hang of it i must say but still few probs i want to install some packages from my freebsd cdrom read lot of docs but still don't understand the commands first tried to install it by copying the tgz file and the let tar xzf on it. It worked fine and had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD

Not entirely sure if this belongs here but here it is. I am installing FreeBSD, downloaded the ISO from their website, created the Bootdisk. And when I try to boot, I get this error, 'Panic, Couldn't Inialize. Will not continue without Inialization'. I get the prompt telling me that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fmarvez
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FreeBSD 5.00 /ports

Download FreeBSD 5.0 mini_install.ISO i was trying to do a post-installation , trying to install the ports but doesn't install it gives me could not find index error ?!any ideas..?? as the index file is on the cd and I checked it the file is not corrupt.!! A guy made me an offer i can't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizardofid
9 Replies

5. BSD

installing FreeBSD

hi everybody i'm now downloading FreeBSD using anonymous ftp...the problem i'll encounter is that it seems to be a huge archive.... I want just install it over a 8 G disk....how can i manage this? thanks regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Freebsd

Hi All Hope this is not going to upset you but i really need help. I'm new to Unix (Brand New) have never worked on a unix system before in my life so please bear with me. I'm in the process to install Freebsd but have no idea how to go ahead. The system that i have does not have any cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunner
3 Replies

7. BSD

Problem with re-installing ports

Hello, I am fairly new at FreeBSD. I tried searching existing topics for a similar problem, but I found none :) I have a problem reinstalling apache22 which I had to remove in my troubleshooting with mysql. Since I've got MySQL working now (joy unbounded!) I now have the task of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

[FreeBSD] / ports / textproc / htmlise - how to

/ ports / textproc / htmlisehttp://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/textproc/htmlise I've installed this but I can't find any documentation -anywhere- on how to use it. There is no man or help switch available for this. Can anybody give me some insight on what syntax it requires or a simple example on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

9. BSD

Updating the FreeBSD ports

When updating the ports, I normally do the following: rm -r /usr/ports csup -L 2 -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile This however takes rather long, about 20 mins on stock hardware. Is there a way to exclude certain ports from being updated, such as games and print? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSd 8.1?

Hello everybody, I'm really new to Unix(and new here) ,and I'm looking forward to install FreeBSD 8.1 in Virtual Box on the Host - Windows 7.Otherwise in a eternal HDD.My problem is that I tried to find out step by step instruction but failed to find any such set of instructions. I'm in fact a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackwhite
1 Replies
APPER(1)							 KDE User's Manual							  APPER(1)

NAME
apper - An application and package manager using PackageKit SYNOPSIS
apper [--updates] [--settings] [--backend-details] [--install-mime-type mime-type] [--install-package-name name] [--install-provide-file file] [--install-font-resource font] [--install-catalog file] [--remove-package-by-file filename] [KDE Generic Options] [Qt Generic Options] DESCRIPTION
Apper is the KDE interface for PackageKit Apper is able to manage packages, applications and updates in a cross-distribution way thanks to the PackageKit project. It is providing Linux users a single application that they can learn and use in whatever distribution they are. OPTIONS
--updates Show available updates --settings Show Apper configuration page. --backend-details name Display information about the backend PackageKit uses at time. --install-mime-type mime-type Call the mime-type installer. --install-package-name name Install package with the name name. --install-provide-file file Install package providing file file. --install-font-resource font Install a font resource. --install-catalog file Install the package catalog in file. --remove-package-by-file filename Remove a package containing file filename. SEE ALSO
More information about Apper can be found at the Apper website[1]. AUTHORS
The maintainer of Apper is Daniel Nicoletti dantti12@gmail.com; This manual page was written by Matthias Klumpp matthias@tenstral.net. AUTHORS
Daniel Nicoletti <dantti12@gmail.com> Author. Matthias Klumpp <matthias@tenstral.net> Author. NOTES
1. the Apper website http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Apper?content=84745 K Desktop Environment 2011-10-10 APPER(1)