Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Craiglist, query and response project Post 302282220 by metallica1973 on Friday 30th of January 2009 10:16:14 AM
Old 01-30-2009
Craiglist, query and response project

I have a project that I have decided to embark on . Basically is goes like this; Everyday there are listing for work on Craiglists that one can see under computers gigs. I want to right a program that will check Craiglists --> GIGs --> Computers and search for certain key words that I specify like {WAN, LINUX, CABLING} under each daily posting and then reply with a customized e-mail depending on the query results. Where would I begin? Is this legal?

Last edited by metallica1973; 01-30-2009 at 11:27 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Slow cd response

Hi All We have one SCO Server here and it never gives us any trouble. Until Now!! Well its not earth shattering but we have one user who is complaining of a very slow response time when changing to his Home Directory. Other users who have similar profiles are OK. I have su'd to this user and I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnOB
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

Traceroute response

I have 20 servers I installed an application to that is returning message " wrong dispatcher or port " when starting agents. They all have the same dispatcher ip and going through the same port number. After verifying there are no application issues, we figured it was firewall related. The Firewall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HFJ
1 Replies

6. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
poolbind(1M)															      poolbind(1M)

NAME
poolbind - bind processes, tasks, or projects or query binding of processes to resource pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/poolbind -p poolname [ -i idtype] id... /usr/sbin/poolbind -q pid... /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q pid... The poolbind command allows an authorized user to bind zones, projects, tasks, and processes to pools. It can also allow a user to query a process to determine which pool the process is bound to. The following options are supported: -i idtype This option, together with the idlist arguments, specifies one or more processes to which the poolbind command is to apply. The inter- pretation of idlist depends on the value of idtype. The valid idtype arguments and corresponding interpretations of idlist are as fol- lows: pid idlist is a list of process IDs. Binds the specified processes to the specified pool. This is the default behavior if no idtype is specified. taskid idlist is a list of task IDs. Bind all processes within the list of task IDs to the specified pool. projid idlist is a list of project IDs. Bind all processes within the list of projects to the specified pool. Each project ID can be spec- ified as either a project name or a numerical project ID. See project(4). zoneid idlist is a list of zone IDs. Bind all processes within the list of zones to the specified pool. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. See zones(5). -p poolname Specifies the name of a pool to which the specified zone, project, tasks, or processes are to be bound. -q pid ... Queries the pool bindings for a given list of process IDs. If the collection of resources associated with the process does not corre- spond to any currently existing pool, or if there are multiple pools with the set of resources that the process is bound to, the query fails for that particular process ID. -Q pid ... Queries the resource bindings for a given list of process IDs. The resource bindings are each reported on a separate line. Example 1: Binding All Processes The following command binds all processes in projects 5 and 7 to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app -i projid 5 7 Example 2: Binding the Running Shell The following command binds the running shell to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app $$ Example 3: Querying the Pool Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given pool: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -q $$ Example 4: Querying the Resource Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given resources: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q $$ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Requested operation could not be completed. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The output is Unstable. pooladm(1M), poolcfg(1M), libpool(3LIB), project(4), attributes(5), zones(5) System Administration Guide: N1 Grid Containers, Resource Management, and Solaris Zones 3 Feb 2005 poolbind(1M)