Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: books & documents
Operating Systems AIX books & documents Post 302282037 by alokjyotibal on Friday 30th of January 2009 04:07:35 AM
Old 01-30-2009
books & documents

can someone tell me the name of the books for aix
it is better if some one provide me links to any useful document

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sudo documents

I have installed sudo on our development server (SPARC,Solaris 9) and trying to edit /etc/sudoers file using visudo. Referred the following sites and not able to find the way. http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/man/sudoers.html http://www.kempston.net/solaris/sudo.html To start with sudo, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPD and sophisticated documents

Hi all, I am using Solaris 8 and have several printers (HP lasers or inkjets) connected behind PCs, printing thus being controlled by LPD. All I can print is ASCII, not very keen, no images, no boxes etc. Is there any thread (I assure, I have been searching!) or discussion explaning how to set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on PHP & APACHE

Can anybody please suggest me a good book to learn PHP and Apache. I want to use it for general programming and espeacially as front end tool for INFORMIX RDBMS. The book should guide me from the basics, as I am a beginer for PHP & Apache on SUSE Linux 9.0. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Batch converting documents

Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we are forced to move on to Adobe Indesign. We must convert all our documents (thousands) to InDesign format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

keyword searching of documents

Unix based fix-it needed? Platform and feature: search programs on Apple computers (Leopard or Tiger; 10.4 and above; Spotlight) Problem: the document search feature of these programs produce hits when keyword(s) used appear anywhere in the document's content. Change required: we need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Miles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search accross other documents?

Could do with some help on where to get started really. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have been working on this for a while now and I don't really know where to start. I am looking into creating a script that will process website hit files and output statistical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening multiple documents at once

I'm trying this:$ for n in `ls` ; do xterm -e vim $n & ; done bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;' $I want to edit my files all at once, not one at a time. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange Stripes
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 (two) here documents in a row

Ok, it may sound a bit stupid but I can't find the answer.. How do one put 2 here documents in a row? for instance, i want to do something like: diff <<eof <<eof2 # doesn't work... > a > b > eof > a > c > eof2 its mostly to satisfy my curiosity!! thanks, Anthony (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
4 Replies

9. Programming

gdbm with c programmin Books & Tutorial.

Hello, Could you please tell me if there are any books/tutorial on gdbm programming with C for beginners. So far, I've found few tutorials and one of those: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/gccintro_22.html is easy to understand but very short in treatment as it dealt with ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
6 Replies
SCROLLKEEPER-UPDATE(1)					      General Commands Manual					    SCROLLKEEPER-UPDATE(1)

NAME
scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid - generate a unique id for a document series for use in an OMF metadata file SYNOPSIS
scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid [--help] DESCRIPTION
This generates a unique id for use as the seriesid attribute to the relation element in the OMF metadata. This id is referred to as the "series id" or "seriesid". The seriesid is used to specify a group (or series) of documents which are related. For example, multiple versions, formats, and transla- tions of a single document are considered to be in the same series. Thus, any new version, translation, etc. of a pre-existing document should inherit the seriesid of the original document. Only document series which have never been assigned a seriesid in the past should use scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid to obtain a new seriesid. ScrollKeeper uses the seriesid of documents to identify which documents are related to each other. For example, when creating the contents list, ScrollKeeper must identify if two documents are in the same series in order to display the most complete set of documents on the sys- tem, using locale fallback for documents which may not be translated into a given locale, without displaying the same document in two locales. OPTIONS
--help Show usage (help) information. AUTHOR
Laszlo Kovacs <laszlo.kovacs@sun.com> Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> SEE ALSO
scrollkeeper-config(1), scrollkeeper.conf(5), scrollkeeper(7), scrollkeeper-preinstall(8), scrollkeeper-rebuilddb(8), scrollkeeper- update(8) scrollkeeper Dec 5, 2001 SCROLLKEEPER-UPDATE(1)