Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get a name according to the 2nd field Post 302281224 by melanie_pfefer on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 11:47:08 AM
Old 01-28-2009
thanks.

so it is

awk '$2>200' /tmp/output | awk '{print $1}' | grep AAA | head -1
AAA

So that I get the first name that has a number > 200 (all these names have AAA in common, so I want to get rid of the first and last name)

do you suggest a more compact way to do this?

thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to change 2nd field

Hi I am a beginner to sed command, here I have a question about using sed to add a few characters into a token of a string. For example, I have a file, sqw:qqq:123124:uiqe dfd:ccc:12390:dfjis cde:aaa:21311:dfjsid and, I want the output to be, sqw:qqq:123124:uiqe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julius
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to find duplicates in 2nd field

I want to find duplicates in file on 2nd field i wrote this code: nawk '{a++} END{for i in a {if (a>1) print}}' temp Could not find whats wrong with this. Appreciate help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort alpha on 1st field, numerical on 2nd field (sci notation)

I want to sort alphabetically on the first field and sort in descending numerical order on the 2nd field. With a normal "sort -r -n" it does this: abc ||| 5e-05 ||| bla abc ||| 3 ||| ble def ||| 1 ||| abc def ||| 0.2 ||| def As you can see it ignores the fact that 5e-05 is actually 0.00005... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sum 2nd field in an array

Hi Everyone, ($total+=$_) for @record; assume @record=(1,2,3), so the result is 6. if @record=("1 3","2 3","3 3"), would like to sum up the 2nd field of this array, the result is 9. i tried " ($total+=$) for @record ", cannot, please advice. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 03:45... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending 1st field in a file into 2nd field in another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amurib
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append 1st field from a file into 2nd field of another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amurib
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the 2nd field

java....4059... compsite 62u IPv4 170747 TCP *:9400 (LISTEN) java...... 05... compsite 109u IPv4 171216 TCP *:9401 (LISTEN) This is Joust formated like this Please Repace "." with space" " All are Right Justfied Output :- 4058 and 05 so that i can kill this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshpatra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to work on 2nd field only

I have a requirement to replace "\" with "/" in only the 2nd field of the input file which has 2 fields. The field delimiter is "|" Sample records from input file: 1\23|\tmp\user mn\wer|\home\temp Expected output: 1\23|/tmp/user mn\wer|/home/temp I used sed 's/\\/\//g' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting only 2nd and third duplicates in field 2

(7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine Similar Output from the 2nd field w.r.t 1st Field

Hi, For example: I have: HostA,XYZ HostB,XYZ HostC,ABC I would like the output to be: HostA,HostB: XYZ HostC:ABC How can I achieve this? So far what I though of is: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
XcmsCCCofColormap(3X11) 												   XcmsCCCofColormap(3X11)

NAME
XcmsCCCofColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNOPSIS
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(display, colormap) Display *display; Colormap colormap; XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(display, colormap, ccc) Display *display; Colormap colormap; XcmsCCC ccc; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the CCC. Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new col- ormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3X11), XcmsConvertColors(3X11), XcmsCreateCCC(3X11), XcmsDefaultCCC(3X11), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XcmsCCCofColormap(3X11)