Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Dual boot SOlaris 10 and Windows server 2003 Post 302280862 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 05:20:09 PM
Old 01-27-2009
please don't "bump up" your posts... please read the rules of unix.com!

your problem:
always install windows first! solaris comes with a boot manager (grub) and let you choose your os after installation.
if the disks are not found while windows installation you need to add the drivers... what kind of hardware do you use?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dual boot windows 2000 and solaris 8

Hello I recently purchased solaris 8 and I want to dual boot with windows 2000. What is the easiest way to install the solaris OS with the existing windows 2000? mogfog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogfog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Redhat with Windows 2k or XP

I know this is a common question, but.... I am working on 2 seperate computers. Each machine has one hdd. I want to Install Redhat with Win2k on one machine, and Redhat with Xp on the other. I know there are some issues with the install sequence to get Grub to work with both, but I am a little... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying a file from Solaris to Windows 2003 server

Hello, I am really new to solaris and I want to know the easiest way to copy a file from a solaris server to an Iomega NAS running windows 2003 server. Can I map the drive on the windows box so the solaris server can see it. Any advice would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akula81
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coppying a file from Solaris to Windows 2003 server

Hello, I am really new to solaris and I want to know the easiest way to copy a file from a solaris server to an Iomega NAS running windows 2003 server. Can I map the drive on the windows box so the solaris server can see it. Any advice would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akula81
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot between UNIX and Windows

I am planning to install UNIX (SunOS) on my computer which has two hard disks C: and D: C drive already have operating system which has windows installed on it and I use it on daily basis. D drive is empty and has like 40GB space, I want to partition D: by half half and want install UNIX on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DataSheet
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows And Unix, Dual Boot

Hello! I must find a way to use unix in my PC. I have a Dell Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz, 1Gb RAM.It came with windows xp but in order to get some software running I have to be able to work on unix! Is it posible to set up a unix and Windows dual boot configuration? I was sure it was posible but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isidora10
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Windows / Open Solaris dual boot problem.

Okay, let me sketch the problem. I did have a ubuntu / Windows XP dual boot scenario that ran grub as my boot loader. I decided I wanted to try out solaris, so I popped in the opensolaris CD and hit install and told it to format and install over my linux partition. Of course it did that, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Dual Boot WIndows 2003 and Solaris 10

Hi, I have a dual boot server with Windows on C0t0d0 and Solaris 10 on C1t0d0. When I do a reboot it automatically boots with Windows as default without an option to boot onto Solaris. I want to set Solaris as my default boot. any ideas? Thanks, Suresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)