Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to median
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to median Post 302280689 by riderman on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 11:47:52 AM
Old 01-27-2009
excuse me
i'm a newbie, but how can i use it with the input file?

sorry for my question.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculate the Median, first quartile and third quartile using AWK

Hi all, I have a data range as follow: 28 33 42 12 9 68 81 55 6 47 Since I want to create Box & Whisker Plot, I need to calculate the median, first quartile and third quartile of above data using AWK.( so far I can only writing a code for determine smallest value & largest value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Median

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'd like to ask for some explanation rather than solution regarding finding median in unix. I've got a simple one column file with over 2 million numbers and I need to find its median. The file looks like this: 0.123 0.235 0.890 0.000 etc... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compute the median of a set of numbers with AWK?

Is there a way in awk to compute the median of a set of numbers in a file in the following format. 34 67 78 100 23 45 67 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk based script to find the median of all individual columns in a data file

Hi All, I have some data like below. Step1,Param1,Param2,Param3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,5 2,4,5,6 3,0,1,2 3,0,0,0 3,2,1,3 ........ so on Where I need to find the median(arithmetic) of each column from Param1...to..Param3 for each set of Step1 values. (Sort each specific column, if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Median and max of duplicate rows

Hi all, plz help me with this, I want to to extract the duplicate rows (column 1) in a file which at least repeat 4 times. then I want to summarize them by getting the max , mean, median and min. The file is sorted by column 1, all the repeated rows appear together. If number of elements is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Median calculator based on id match

I am trying to calculate the median of a column of numbers if they match an ID type on a different column. The input file has 3 columns. The column that has the ID is column 1 and the column with the values I'd like to find the median for is column 3. The file does not need to be sorted. What I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print median values of matrix -awk?

I use the following script to print the sum and how could I extend this to print medians instead? thanks name s1 s2 s3 s4 g1 2 8 6 5 g1 5 7 9 9 g1 6 7 8 9 g2 8 8 8 8 g2 7 7 7 7 g2 10 10 10 10 g3 3 12 1 24 g3 5 5 24 48 g3 12 3 12 12 g3 2 3 3 3 output name s1 s2 s3 s4 g1 5 7 8 9... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
..::lib::Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio(3)			     SmokePing				 ..::lib::Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio(3)

NAME
Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio - detect changes in average median latency OVERVIEW
The Avgratio matcher establishes a historic average median latency over several measurement rounds. It compares this average, against a second average latency value again build over several rounds of measurement. DESCRIPTION
Call the matcher with the following sequence: type = matcher pattern = Avgratio(historic=>a,current=>b,comparator=>o,percentage=>p) historic The number of median values to use for building the 'historic' average. current The number of median values to use for building the 'current' average. comparator Which comparison operator should be used to compare current/historic with percentage. percentage Right hand side of the comparison. old <--- historic ---><--- current ---> now EXAMPLE
Take build the average median latency over 10 samples, use this to divide the current average latency built over 2 samples and check if it is bigger than 150%. Avgratio(historic=>10,current=>2,comparator=>'>',percentage=>150); avg(current)/avg(historic) > 150/100 This means the matcher will activate when the current latency average is more than 1.5 times the historic latency average established over the last 10 rounds of measurement. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by OETIKER+PARTNER AG. All rights reserved. SPONSORSHIP
The development of this matcher has been sponsored by Virtela Communications, <http://www.virtela.net/>. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2012-02-26 ..::lib::Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio(3)