Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Recv() call with timer(time out ) Post 302280532 by otheus on Tuesday 27th of January 2009 07:42:43 AM
Old 01-27-2009
There's two ways. One, you implement your own polling routine using recv() with the NOWAIT flag. This is not a POSIX-friendly solution. Two, use the select() call to wait for the file descriptor to be ready, then call recv(). The man page is guaranteed to be cryptic, so You should look for a tutorial on UNIX system program, especially with select().

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Measuring System Call Time

Can anyone please help me in measuring the system call timings! How do I do it if I have to measure the timing of an operation, say getpid system call. What different functions can I use for that and what would be the difference using each of them? Thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacha
3 Replies

2. Programming

recv() problems using AIX 4.33

I am opening a server socket on one of our machines and connection to it on the other machine. After making the connection if ether one of the systems does a recv() and ther is no data to receive then the buffer is filled with spaces and returns. I have no way of knowing if it is valid or not. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazard0007
1 Replies

3. Programming

Fork() system call time?

One more question. How can i calculate the time that system needs to make fork() system call? I need to make it with times function but i really don't know how. :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidoff
2 Replies

4. Programming

ABOUT RECV() SYSTEM CALL (regarding timer)

Hi all, I am facing a problem in recv() system call i.e.. in my project i have to implement timer for sending (data) and resending purpose when there is no acknowledgement. is there any way that recv() sys call has its own timer i.e., for ex: recv() has to wait for 10 secs. if any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohil
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to call 3 stored procedure at the same time

Hi GUYS, I need to trigger 3 stored procedure at the same time.. I know how to trigger the stored procedure. If anybody can tell me how to trigger 3 different process at the same time parallelly.. that would be helpful.. Thanks for your help in advance, Magesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

regarding recv function

hi, the syntax of recv function is: int recv( int sockfd, void *buffer, int length, unsigned int flags); Suppose i declared a buffer of size 100 ,then length to be specified in recv function is sizeof(buffer) or sizeof(buffer)-1 ( i.e 100 or 99) thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha rao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call procedure multiple time

Hi, I have following script which calls sql to create staging table.How do I call load_data_to_oracle() multiple times so that it creates 4 staging as follows. 1.t1_rpt_1day_stg 2.t1_rpt_7day_stg 3.t1_rpt_30day_stg 4.t1_rpt_CTD_stg --shell script load_data_to_oracle() { #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script from makefile - it is called each time i call make

I've created a tag in the makefile: mytag: $(shell ${PWD}/script.sh) When i do: make clean - the script is executed When i perform make or make mytag the script is again executed with the output: make: Nothing to be done for mytag What i want ? I want script.sh to be executed only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pufo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xt timer call, XtAppAddTimeout, hangs on system clock jump backwards

Hi, I've got an issue which I've been 'google-fu'ing without much luck. We have a legacy program which has been plagued by an issue for a long time and I've been tasked to investigate/fix. The program uses XMotif2.1 (required due to dependency on an old GUI designer) and runs on a RHEL7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: altrefrain
4 Replies
gettimer(3C)															      gettimer(3C)

NAME
gettimer - get value of a per-process timer SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function returns an structure value to the argument. The member of the structure represents the amount of time in the current interval before the timer expires for the timer specified in or zero if the timer is disabled. The member has the value last set by (see rel- timer(3C)). The members of are subject to the resolution of the timer (see mktimer(3C)). The behavior of this function is undefined if is NULL. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero; otherwise, it returns -1 and sets to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if any of the following conditions are encountered: [EINVAL] does not correspond to an ID returned by [EIO] An error occurred while accessing the clock device. FILES
SEE ALSO
timers(2), timer_gettime(2), mktimer(3C), reltimer(3C), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
gettimer(3C)