Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: changing filename extension
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting changing filename extension Post 302279844 by Zaxon on Saturday 24th of January 2009 07:08:21 AM
Old 01-24-2009
Give it a shot below:
mv *.doc *.dxs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

separating filename and extension

Hi (warning: newbie question), I am writing a script to run a series of tests on a program, which involves a line: for file in `ls test_suite/*.args` but later I want to send the output to file.out. But I need to separate the filename and extension somehow...Also $file contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucaspewkas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing extension

Hi , I need to replace the file name extension with txt to csv,i wrote the below script when executing its giving the below error.Please anyone how to do this? $ a2.sh mv: *.: cannot access: No such file or directory ./a2.sh: o: bad number $ vi a2.sh a2.sh ----- #!/bin/ksh txt=$1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the extension of the file

I have a list of files in a particular folder Example: File name - sample.F1.test I want to change the extension of the above file to .csv The final file should be renamed as sample.csv (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar803
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing file extension

Hello, everyone! :] I'm having an issue with my camera/uploading to Photobucket. When my camera transfers it's photos to my hard drive, it transfers them as .JPG. Unfortunately, when I go to upload to my Photobucket account, it only accepts .jpg & .jpeg files. Every time I want to upload, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidydude
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script takes the whole filename instead of just extension

I am running my script from "/abc/" this path and it has no ".csv files" but has a ".txt" files namely temp1.txt My script goes as below, wherein it is suppose to find files with *.txt extension and *.csv extension in another path namely "/abc/xyz/": #!/bin/ksh PATH1="/abc/xyz/" value="*.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolverine999
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file extension

Hello all, I need to change file extension for all .doc files to .txt file in multiple folders. I know the way to rename them by going to each folder and doing that, but I need something which I can run from home directory so that It does the renaming in all the nested directories. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut filename extension

I need a small script (sh) to remove in a variable the filename extension. Example: f = "testfile.txt" and I need a $a with "testfile". Some one a idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Essbaumer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the filename extension

Is there an easy way to strip off a filename's extension? For example, here's a filename: blahblahblah.thisisok.thisisnotok I want to get rid of .thisisnotok from the filename, so that what's left is blahblahblah.thisisok Thanks. I have a directory full of filenames that need to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get latest filename without extension

I need to write a shell script to display the output of ls command like this ls -ltr *txt I get this -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 51912704 Dec 11 10:27 /usr/local/sam/test12112012101247AM.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 7 Dec 11 11:58 /usr/local/sam/test.txt but I just need the latest... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Getting a filename its extension

Heyas As i often have decide things upon a filename its extension, i thought i'd write a script: Just wondering if there would be a more efficent way? out="" FN=$( echo "$1" | sed s," ","",g) # Remove any spaces and make it a single string for chance in $(echo "$FN"|sed s,"\."," ",g) # Use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
7 Replies
XvQueryExtension(3)						  libXv Functions					       XvQueryExtension(3)

NAME
XvQueryExtension - return version and release of extension SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvQueryExtension(Display *dpy, unsigned int *p_version, unsigned int *p_revision, unsigned int *p_request_base, unsigned int *p_event_base, unsigned int *p_error_base); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. p_version Pointer to where the current version number of the Xv video extension is written. p_revision Pointer to where the revision number of the Xv video extension is written. p_request_base Pointer to where the extension major request number is returned p_event_base Pointer to where the extension event base is returned p_error_base Pointer to where the extension error base is returned DESCRIPTION
XvQueryExtension(3) returns the version and release numbers for the Xv video extension currently loaded on the system. The extension major request number, event base, and error base are also returned. RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvQueryExtension(3) completed successfully. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv video extension is not available for the named display. SEE ALSO
Xv(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvQueryExtension(3)