Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Set lines of in a file to seperate vars Post 302279793 by jpradley on Friday 23rd of January 2009 08:07:33 PM
Old 01-23-2009
Where do you want these variables to be recorded?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping vars set in while loop with redirection

Under IRIX 6.5, the Bourne shell is named /bin/bsh. I need to redirect output into a file reading loop, and retain values set within the loop based on processing that goes on within the loop for later processing. This code #!/bin/bsh k=1 cat file | while read k ; do echo "$k" done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: criglerj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting local vars from a header rec in another file?

Hey guys, We are going to be receiving files containing header information. This will be 1 line of code in each file containing the following format: 20050719hhmmsssfgr00310000537000000000000000 My question is...How can I pull parts of the header info and set it to vars in my shell. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecupirate1998
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to awk a data from seperate lines

Hi guys, i have a problem which im hoping you will be able to help me with. I have follwing output :- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NSTEP = 407000 TIME(PS) = 43059.000 TEMP(K) = 288.46 PRESS = 0.0 Etot = -2077.4322 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to find a line in between a particular set of lines of a text file

i have a file a.txt and following is only one portion. I want to search <branch value="/dev36/AREA/" include="yes"></branch> present in between <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" and </template_file> where the no of lines containing "<branch value= " is increasing ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a sentence and seperate into two lines

Hi, I have a string as str="route net,-hopcount,1,255.255.255.0,10.230.20.111,10.230.20.234 Route True route net,-hopcount,0,-netmask,255.255.248.0,0,10.230.23.254 Route True" I need to split this string into two lines as route net,-hopcount,1,255.255.255.0,10.230.20.111,10.230.20.234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set vars (by reference) in function

Hello everyone, I am curious to find a possible way of doing something like this in ksh: call a function and have that function set the value of the variable that the function knows by the name of $1.... example: #! /bin/ksh set_var(){ case $1 in var1) this is where I would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to seperate two lines that are joined?

i have something like this abc 123 3234 1234 * qqoiki * abc 4533 34 1234 * lloiki * i want to make it two lines i,e.,abc 123 3234 1234 * qqoiki * abc 4533 34 1234 * lloiki * how to do that ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a set of lines from a file

Hi All, Am very new for this Shell scripting. Could anyone pls let me know how to delete a set of lines from a (.DAT) file using ksh script. for example from line 3 to line 7. The size of the target file is huge:( ---------- Post updated at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:00 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasthu12
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a set of Duplicate lines from a file

Hi, How do i remove a set of duplicate lines from a file. My file contains the lines: abc def ghi abc def ghi jkl mno pqr jkl mno (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raosr020
1 Replies
TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMEN(3) 				      TAU Instrumentation API					   TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMEN(3)

NAME
TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMENTATION - Enables instrumentation SYNOPSIS
C/C++: TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMENTATION(void); Fortran: TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMENTATION(void); DESCRIPTION
TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMENTATION macro re-enables all TAU instrumentation. All instances of functions and statements that occur between the disable/enable section are ignored by TAU. This allows a user to limit the trace size, if the macros are used to disable recording of a set of iterations that have the same characteristics as, for example, the first recorded instance. EXAMPLE
C/C++ : int main(int argc, char **argv) { foo(); TAU_DISABLE_INSTRUMENTATION(); for (int i =0; i < N; i++) { bar(); // not recorded } TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMENTATION(); bar(); // recorded } Fortran : call TAU_DISABLE_INSTRUMENTATION() call TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMENTATION() SEE ALSO
TAU_DISABLE_INSTRUMENTATION(3), TAU_ENABLE_GROUP(3), TAU_DISABLE_GROUP(3), TAU_INIT(3), TAU_PROFILE_INIT(3) 08/31/2005 TAU_ENABLE_INSTRUMEN(3)