Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers WebDav/davfs mounted file & directory names in all UPPERCASE Post 302279393 by MrMoney on Thursday 22nd of January 2009 04:08:12 PM
Old 01-22-2009
WebDav/davfs mounted file & directory names in all UPPERCASE

Hey,

I have a WebDav directory mounted and everything seems fine except for one thing. All file/directory names appear in all UPPERCASE, when in actual fact they are lowercase on the remote machine.

For example:
foo/bar/baz.html on the remote host, appears on my local machine as
FOO/BAR/BAZ.HTML
I can open and edit the file fine, but when I save it, it is renamed on the remote host as
foo/bar/BAZ.HTML
which subsequently breaks an references to that file being made elsewhere.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, as this is my first experience with WebDav. I am using davfs to mount the directory as a normal user.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Mike

Last edited by MrMoney; 01-22-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many directory can be mounted on one file system

I have a question and seek help. How many directory can be mounted on one file system on UNIX with solaris 9? For example, I have one file system as /dev/dsk/cieit0a6. I have created one directory as /u01/app/oracle and mounted this directory to cieit06. It works. Then I create another directory as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

2. Programming

Not able to use NFS mounted directory as buffer for untar & unzip.

Hi, For a new requirement, we are trying to use NFS mounted directory as the buffer (TMP_DIR) for untar. Target OS- VxWorks Host OS - Windows Embedded. mounted a directory in wondows onto VxWorks. During untar process of GNU we come across utime, for chaning the time stamp of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.bc
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I sort the file names in the directory

Hi , I have a list of files in the directory I want to sort based on the file name. But in the middle of filename contains the number based on that I need to sort.Could you suggest me on the same? Example filenames: /user1$ls RS.DEV.ISV.F1.RS.REFDATA.DATA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen.thumati
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file names in the directory?

I am having n files in a directory i want to read all the file names from the script file .It is better if any one provide a sample script. Elaborating the scenario: i am having n number of sql files in a directory i am running all the sql files from a single script. sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files which has names in uppercase in a directory

i want to display all the files which has their names in the Uppercase in a particular directory...guide.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheelsadan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move & Sort by Name - Kick out Bad File Names & More

I have a dilemma, we have users who are copying files to "directory 1." These images have file names which include the year it was taken. I need to put together a script to do the following: Examine the file naming convention, ensuring it's the proper format (e.g. test-1983_filename-123.tif)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
8 Replies
Mojo::JSON::Pointer(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mojo::JSON::Pointer(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::JSON::Pointer - JSON Pointers SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::JSON::Pointer; my $p = Mojo::JSON::Pointer->new; say $p->get({foo => [23, 'bar']}, '/foo/1'); say 'Contains "/foo".' if $p->contains({foo => [23, 'bar']}, '/foo'); DESCRIPTION
Mojo::JSON::Pointer implements JSON Pointers as described in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer>. METHODS
"contains" my $success = $p->contains($data, '/foo/1'); Check if data structure contains a value that can be identified with the given JSON Pointer. # True $p->contains({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/foo'); $p->contains({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/baz/2'); # False $p->contains({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/bar'); $p->contains({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/baz/9'); "get" my $value = $p->get($data, '/foo/bar'); Extract value identified by the given JSON Pointer. # "bar" $p->get({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/foo'); # "4" $p->get({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/baz/0'); # "6" $p->get({foo => 'bar', baz => [4, 5, 6]}, '/baz/2'); SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::JSON::Pointer(3pm)