Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Return code is "0" though the command fails. Post 302278529 by pbekal on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 01:02:52 PM
Old 01-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfajohnson

That will fail if any filenames contain spaces.
Your suggestion works.
Thank You.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#!/bin/sh script fails at StringA | tr "[x]" "[y]"

I need to take a string (stringA) check it for spaces and replace any spaces found with an equal (=) sign. This is not working. There are spaces between each component: $StringA | tr "" "" The error returned is: test: Specify a parameter with this command Can you help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: by_tg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return code capturing for all commands connected by "|" ...

Hi, While I am using "|" to join multiple commands, I am not getting the return code when there is error in one of the commnads. Eg: b=`find /path/a*.out | xargs basename` if ; then echo "Error" fi if there is error while finding the file or getting the basename, the $? is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command 'rm -f -r "0yfOYy-0008Nq-2j-32233-K"' failed with return code 1 and error mes

I would like to know what means this error and how to fix it Command 'rm -f -r "0yfOYy-0008Nq-2j-32233-K"' failed with return code 1 and error message Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxbee
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab -e command return "413"

I was trying to edit the crontab file for root. I had saved off the existing file for later recovery. When I typed crontab -e to edit, the system returned "413" and the cursor stopped blinking. Ctrl+c stopped that. I typed, in bash, "EDITOR=vi" (Enter). Then, "export EDITOR" (Enter). Then,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roadmanjim
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
MPATH_PERSISTENT_RESERVE_IN(3)				     Library Functions Manual				    MPATH_PERSISTENT_RESERVE_IN(3)

NAME
mpath_persistent_reserve_in SYNOPSIS
#include <mpath_persist.h> int mpath_persistent_reserve_in (int fd, int rq_servact, struct prin_resp *resp, int noisy, int verbose) DESCRIPTION
The function in the mpath_persistent_reserve_in() sends PRIN command to the DM device and gets the response. Parameters: fd The file descriptor of a multipath device. Input argument. rq_servact PRIN command service action. Input argument resp The response from PRIN service action. The caller should manage the memory allocation of this structure noisy Turn on debugging trace: Input argument. 0->Disable, 1->Enable verbose Set verbosity level. Input argument. value:[0-3]. 0->Crits and Errors, 1->Warnings, 2->Info, 3->Debug RETURNS
MPATH_PR_SUCCESS if PR command successful MPATH_PR_SYNTAX_ERROR if syntax error or invalid parameter MPATH_PR_SENSE_NOT_READY if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x2,*,*] MPATH_PR_SENSE_MEDIUM_ERROR if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x3,*,*] MPATH_PR_SENSE_HARDWARE_ERROR if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x4,*,*] MPATH_PR_SENSE_INVALID_OP if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x5,0x20,0x0] MPATH_PR_ILLEGAL_REQ if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x5,*,*] MPATH_PR_SENSE_UNIT_ATTENTION if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x6,*,*] MPATH_PR_SENSE_ABORTED_COMMAND if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0xb,*,*] MPATH_PR_NO_SENSE if command fails with [sk,asc,ascq: 0x0,*,*] MPATH_PR_SENSE_MALFORMED if command fails with SCSI command malformed MPATH_PR_FILE_ERROR if command fails while accessing file (device node) problems(e.g. not found) MPATH_PR_DMMP_ERROR if Device Mapper related error.(e.g Error in getting dm info) MPATH_PR_OTHER if other error/warning has occurred(e.g transport or driver error) SEE ALSO
mpath_persistent_reserve_out mpathpersist /usr/share/doc/mpathpersist/README Linux Manpage 2011-04-08 MPATH_PERSISTENT_RESERVE_IN(3)