Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3 Post 302278433 by Seenquev on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 08:07:17 AM
Old 01-20-2009
Ok, the problem is solved. It was not FreeBSD's fault but mine - wrong use of delete operator caused these crashes. In FreeBSD 6.3 it was crashing only once per few hours, in FreeBSD 7.1 the crash was occuring after application start.

Thank you for your time anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with FreeBSD!!!

Hi I want to write to my output_file using: if((fptr = creat(output_file, _S_IWRITE)) == -1) { printf("output_file..."..); return (1); } for(...) { _write(fptr, buffer, BUF_SIZE); } It says "_S_IWRITE" undeclared!!! Anybody knows what function I can use for that and what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacasa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD

I am on AOL now,and i am using 56 k,i was gonna install FreeBSD,but i dont know if aol works on BSD,or my modem. Do they work on BSD? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kita
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd 4.5

i am new at unix and am VERY confused about the compression processes. what progs do i need to unzip and zip files? there must be a standard one similar to winzip? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mindscan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD

What is FreeBSD, who does use Free? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberangel
3 Replies

5. BSD

I want the Best FREEBSD

B]I want the best of the best FreeBSD version for my study in Unix...please sugest me... Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: israel
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd and win 2000 working 2gether?

Hi Brothers, Please, I've just purchased a new PC and I would like to have both win 2000 and freebsd in the same hard drive, ( 40GB and 128Mb ) can you please help how to set up my new hard drive , please! Thank you..... aka Polymorphous (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Polymorphous
2 Replies

7. BSD

please help me in FreeBSD

Hi to all, Iam doing a project in Free BSD and i am stuck with a puzzle. Please any one of you clarify my doubt : How to add a mechanism to check the status of the file system which alerts the root user via. email if any single partition is greater than 90% full. This alert should include the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadakamalla
3 Replies

8. Solaris

application Crashes on memset ?? any suggestions

Hi All, we have an application that is written in 'C' programming to connects to various servers in the organization. The bellow code establish a TCP connection to connect to the remote servers. the application works perfectly ok, but, after some time the entire process get's crashed and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
2 Replies

9. Fedora

FreeBSD

I'm using Windows mostly and the only *nix thing I used during my life was cygwin (I like command line :)). But currently I have (by an occasion) a DVD with latest FreeBSD. I don't know why, but I want to install it... But probably, this OS is too difficult for a beginner. I heard, it's used on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeenageWerewolf
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

motif application crashes while calling XtDestroyWidget

Hi All, We have a 32bit Motif Gui application. Now we ported the application from Solaris to Linux and the system is crashing very frequently. On our analysis we could find that this issue happened when we are closing the forms in our application. When the forms are closed we will delete the forms... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanushchacko
0 Replies
ABRTD(8)							    ABRT Manual 							  ABRTD(8)

NAME
abrtd - automated bug reporting tool's daemon. SYNOPSIS
abrtd [-dsv[v]...] DESCRIPTION
abrtd is a daemon that watches for application crashes. When a crash occurs, it collects the problem data (core file, application's command line etc.) and takes action according to the type of application that crashed and according to the configuration in the abrt.conf config file. There are plugins for various actions: for example to report the crash to Bugzilla, to mail the report, or to transfer the report via FTP or SCP. See the manual pages for the respective plugins. OPTIONS
-v Log more detailed debugging information. -d Stay in the foreground and log to standard error. -s Log to system log even with option -d. -t NUM Exit after NUM seconds of inactivity. -p Add program names to log. CAVEATS
When you use some other crash-catching tool specific for an application or an application type (for example BugBuddy for GNOME applications), crashes of this type will be handled by that tool and not by abrtd. If you want abrtd to handle these crashes, turn off the higher-level crash-catching tool. AUTHORS
o ABRT team SEE ALSO
abrt.conf(5) abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRTD(8)